ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCI Charter Latest Version from Mikey

  • To: "Aikman-Scalese, Anne" <AAikman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCI Charter Latest Version from Mikey
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 11:53:14 -0500

hi Anne,

i think "suspension of a PDP" could be stretched and tugged to just barely fit
under the proposed (and current) charter.  i agree that "resubmission of a
motion" is out of scope for both our current and proposed charters -- as that
is purely a matter of Council rules of procedure.  i think taking that one on
is an especially good example of modifying our mission to becoming the
"standing GNSO rules committee," which we may want to avoid.

mikey

PS. i changed the subject line to Mikey -- Mickey is a mouse

On Jul 2, 2013, at 11:37 AM, "Aikman-Scalese, Anne" <AAikman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My view is that neither  the "suspension of a PDP" already completed nor the
> "resubmission of a motion" work requested by the GNSO Council is within the
> scope of this amended charter as redrafted.
>
>  By the way in relation to the resubmission of a motion, I think GNSO changed
> the time for notifying of a motion to 10 calendar days in advance at 11:59
> UTC or something like that.  I am sure staff can clarify.  Anne
>
> <image001.gif>Anne E. Aikman-Scalese
> Of Counsel
> Lewis and Roca LLP • Suite 700
> One South Church Avenue • Tucson, Arizona 85701-1611
> Tel (520) 629-4428 • Fax (520) 879-4725
> AAikman@xxxxxxxxx • www.LewisandRoca.com/Aikman
>

> P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
>
> This e-mail contains legally privileged and confidential information
> intended only for the individual or entity named within the message.
> If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
> agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or
> copying of this communication is prohibited.  If this communication
> was received in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and delete the

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP
(ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)