ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] RE: Proposed Language Concerning 10-Day Waiver and Resubmitted Motions

  • To: "'Julie Hedlund'" <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] RE: Proposed Language Concerning 10-Day Waiver and Resubmitted Motions
  • From: "Aikman-Scalese, Anne" <AAikman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 20:20:47 +0000

Dear all,
It was agreed in our SCI conference call on Thursday June 4 that we would ask
members for their general views on the applicability of the 10-day waiver rule
to resubmitted motions prior to considering specific language.  We took a straw
poll and those on the call were in favor of pursuing this clarification to the
Operating Procedures to confirm that a resubmitted motion may benefit from the
10 day waiver rule, provided it meets all the other requirements of that rule.
Thus, a resubmitted motion could be considered under the waiver rule if
submitted 24 hours prior to the Council meeting accompanied by a request for
consideration on a waiver basis and an explanation as to why the motion should
be reconsidered.  The 10 day waiver only applies if no Councilor objects.

At the top of our meeting in Buenos Aires, we will be discussing the proposed
application of this rule generally.  Will those who were not on the call June 4
please try to listen to the mp3 previously forwarded by Terri?   Then please
provide any comments you may want to make as to the general idea to the list
prior to Saturday June 20 for our 7:45 am meeting BA time.

I am looking forward to see all who are able to attend in Buenos Aires.  Again,
our meeting runs from 7:45 to 8:45 am Saturady in the same room as GNSO Council
working sessions.
Thank you and smooth travels to everyone,
Anne

[cid:image001.gif@01D0A836.A09EB3C0]

Anne E. Aikman-Scalese, Of Counsel

Lewis Roca Rothgerber LLP |

One South Church Avenue Suite 700 | Tucson, Arizona 85701-1611

(T) 520.629.4428 | (F) 520.879.4725

AAikman@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:AAikman@xxxxxxxxxx> |
www.LRRLaw.com<http://www.lrrlaw.com/>