ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Consensus Call: Waiver of 10-Day Motion Deadline and Resubmission of Motions

  • To: "Aikman-Scalese, Anne" <AAikman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Consensus Call: Waiver of 10-Day Motion Deadline and Resubmission of Motions
  • From: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 14:35:17 +0200

Hi Anne,

> On Sep 26, 2015, at 1:53 AM, Aikman-Scalese, Anne <AAikman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Thanks Angie and Amr.  Just to be clear, and unless I am corrected by staff,
> we are making sure in the Consensus Call that SCI representatives have either
> (1) reviewed the issue with their respective SOs/ACs and obtained approval

I actually haven’t reviewed this with the NCUC membership, however I only
normally only do this during a consensus call where the SCI is recommending
changes to any of the GNSO operating procedures.

> or that (2) they have been delegated authority to express approval by their
> SOs and ACs without further consultation.

Yes…, I believe I have been delegated the authority to speak on behalf of the
NCUC on the SCI.

> I am only raising this because in each case, you have said “I think” and “I
> agree”.  Can you please confirm you are acting on behalf of your
> constituencies/stakeholder groups?

Thanks for taking such care in confirming this, Anne. Apologies if I wasn’t
clear earlier. Please consider this a vote in favour of the consensus call
circulated by Julie.

Thanks again.

Amr