ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] MP3 recording of the SCI meeting - 10 December 2015

  • To: "gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] MP3 recording of the SCI meeting - 10 December 2015
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 22:49:49 +0000

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the Standing Committee on Improvements
Implementation meeting held on Thursday, 10 December 2015:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sci-10dec15-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpsucWuSj6oXz5rWu9QciTqhZztDS08xegAn87p8D33PbaA-3D-3D_nEX-2FaOijqgcJlSz5SkmueJu3tRbmaDiuX89gT35tStEeSHP9whdoceObpMxYsFLQddiMZpQjIv8dk6BsBGSJXH7VWN4SGLCJgbGKCk6E-2FTErjF4OKNQt65Dk9NF54IJ9kQpmDNySj7bbNz9G4dXi5BgbCZotTx8KNfyeB0z00f8KsMfETeTNKd7vy2kKI7tttQUIwid4NAhxXgT3nZYwmiliVswURDWOjsvIxUFxj5KBtEdk-2FBIsgD8vAlri2AbtBRnASxmkFPY-2FP8oi9ord25XiRfsJW6a892y9gsC-2FjXSC7Uc3PdVAOYqNhjMlHP-2B9ixC3eRMqr57TA5a7MUxcKpy68TCgPdZZETveZROojz83MTlUP6vKEnFskGl8DaeqBjC25GOwkksCS9417tdWJlzPl0w7mtWmpPFKJyq8F5fO1UhcTYYDntQzA7cHrUILUaCqELRCldrYnxDbAPjsvi5SFjBIbTQF8NpndKy7o8WDXgelqIx-2FPTjIGVvpN4kR>

On page:http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#dec

(transcripts and recording are found on the calendar page)

Attendees:
Anne Aikman Scalese - IPC - Primary - Chair

Amr Elsadr - NCUC - Primary

Angie Graves - BC - Primary

Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - ISPCP - Primary
Lori Schulman - IPC  - Alternate
Rudi Vansnick - NPOC -Primary - Vice Chair
Martin Pablo Silva Valent - NPOC - Alternate

Apologies:

Stefania Milan - NCSG - Alternate

Julie Hedlund - Staff

ICANN Staff:

Mary Wong
Glen de Saint Géry
Michelle DeSmyter

Terri Agnew

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Terri Agnew
Adobe Chat Transcript 10 December 2015
  Michelle DeSmyter:Welcome to The Standing Committee on Improvements
Implementation meeting teleconference  on Thursday, 10 December 2015.
  Amr Elsadr:Hi Mary. Hi all. Dialling in now.
  Amr Elsadr:Forgot to change my txt color. :)
  Mary Wong:Yes that was shocking! :)
  Amr Elsadr:;-)
  Martin Silva:Thank you!
  Martin Silva:Yes
  Rudi Vansnick:correct Mary
  Amr Elsadr:Having trouble dialling in. Any chance I can ask for a dial out
right now?
  Rudi Vansnick:i suppose we wait for Anne to join
  Terri Agnew:Hi Amr, yes we will dial out to you
  Amr Elsadr:Thnx.
  Lori:I am attempting to dial in.
  Lori:I am on line and see the screen but I need to do the audio by phone.
  Rudi Vansnick:no prob Lori
  Amr Elsadr:On the call now. Hi again. :)
  Lori:on call too now
  Amr Elsadr:@Mary: Yes. Thanks for making the clarification.
  Amr Elsadr:Thank you Mary.
  Mary Wong:No worries, just supplementing your summary!
  Amr Elsadr:Always grateful when you do. :)
  Mary Wong:@Amr, that would be the  staff suggestion of the order in which the
SCI might want to proceed as well.
  Amr Elsadr:Not that we need ot slack, but I don't believe these projects are
urgent, or have any deadline coming up.
  Amr Elsadr:Of course, it'd be nice if we had the elections project handled
before next year's council elections. :)
  Mary Wong:We would hope so, Amr :)
  Amr Elsadr:I'd like to work on both.
  Amr Elsadr:But not sure if we decided to work on both in parallel, or not?
  Terri Agnew:Wolf-Ullrich had to disconnect
  Mary Wong:Did we lose Lori on AC and phone?
  Terri Agnew:Lori is still connected on the telephone
  Mary Wong:OK thanks Terri
  Amr Elsadr:I'm fine wih that, if others are.
  Amr Elsadr:If folks have concerns about working on both, I'd find that
perfectly understandable.
  Mary Wong:We will follow up as suggested, to the list, Rudi.
  Mary Wong:Please mute your mics if not speaking, thanks!
  Amr Elsadr:Mary's pretty right on this. I was going to suggest that we start
with this one if we were going to dig into one at a time.
  Amr Elsadr:It'll need some work, and best to finish it in good time before
next year's elections.
  Amr Elsadr:No need to rush with a report ot council by January.
  Amr Elsadr:Plate pretty full for that month anyway. :)
  Amr Elsadr:I mean the council's plate.
  Mary Wong:There may not be a need for the SCI to meet as a group if the Sub
Teams are formed by January, until the Sub Teams are ready to report back on
progress.
  Mary Wong:So perhaps forming Sub Teams by year-end/early Jan then give them a
month to start work, and aim for the next SCI meeting in Feb?
  Amr Elsadr:Yeah. That sounds good to me.
  Terri Agnew:Welcome back Wolf-Ulrich
  Amr Elsadr:Just need to work out a process to help sync the two elections.
  Amr Elsadr:I might be able to do this within NCUC, but not sure just yet.
Will follow up on it.
  Amr Elsadr:My thought is that any change to the SCI charter on this should
only be a last resort if other options do not prove to be feasible.
  Mary Wong:@Amr, staff agrees with your point
  Mary Wong:Thanks, Rudi.
  Mary Wong:Will do, Rudi.
  Amr Elsadr:15th/17th. All good. :)
  Amr Elsadr:NCSG Policy Committee needs to make the SCI appointments, not the
NCSG Exec. Comm.
  Rudi Vansnick:ok sorry Amr
  Amr Elsadr:I should be the one apologizing, not you Rudi. :)
  Terri Agnew:Welcome Anne Aikman-Scalese
  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Did I have this at the wrong time?
  Amr Elsadr:Either you did, or we all did, Anne. ;-)
  Mary Wong:Sorry, Anne - yes
  Terri Agnew:Anne is currently only on AC with no audio
  Anne Aikman-Scalese:HOrrible  I apologize.
  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Coming in now
  Amr Elsadr:No worries. It happens. :)
  Amr Elsadr:15th is Tuesday, no?
  Mary Wong:Yes, Tuesday
  Amr Elsadr:@Rudi: You really need to stop apologizing!! :)
  Amr Elsadr:I don't think we need another call this year.
  Amr Elsadr:Yup. Feb sounds good. We can get back together for Valentine's
Day!! :)
  Martin Silva:than you!
  Martin Silva:thank*
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.