ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] FOR REVIEW(2): Chair/Vice-Chair Procedures

  • To: Karel Douglas <douglaskarel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] FOR REVIEW(2): Chair/Vice-Chair Procedures
  • From: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 15:05:16 +0200

Hi Karel,

My understanding of the scenarios right now is pretty much consistent with what
you described. In scenarios 2 and 3, only one interim VC is required for
Council business to proceed. What we’ve been trying to avoid is Council
business being held up because of a delay in appointment of an interim VC.

In scenario 3, another possibility may be that both Houses fail to appoint an
interim VC within the designated time, which would (again…, in order to avoid
delays) result in a progression to scenario 4.

I’m not exactly certain I understand your concerns are regarding having only
one present interim VC. Maybe you could clarify this? However, the only quorum
I am familiar with is during Council meetings directly affecting the Council’s
ability to vote on a topic. It is defined in section 4.1 of the GNSO Operating
Procedures as:

> In order for the GNSO Council to initiate a vote, a quorum must be present. A
> quorum is a majority of voting members in each House, which must include at
> least one member of each Stakeholder Group.

Thanks.

Amr