ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat from SCI call 02 June 2016

  • To: "gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat from SCI call 02 June 2016
  • From: Michelle DeSmyter <michelle.desmyter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 19:46:47 +0000

Dear All,
Please find the MP3 recording of the Standing Committee on Improvements
Implementation meeting held on Thursday, 02 June 2016:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sci-02jun16-en.mp3
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sci-02jun16-en.mp3>

On page:http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#june

(transcripts and recording are found on the calendar page)

Attendees:

Anne Aikman-Scalese - IPC - Primary - Vice Chair
Rudi Vansnick - NPOC -Primary -Chair
Sara Bockey - RrSG - Primary
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - ISPCP - Primary
Angie Graves - BC - Primary
Renata Aquino-Ribeiro - NCUC - Alternate

Apologies:

Amr Elsadr - NCUC - Primary

Lawrence Olawale-Roberts - BC - Alternate

ICANN Staff:

Mary Wong
Julie Hedlund
Glen de Saint Gery

Michelle DeSmyter

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Michelle DeSmyter

Adobe Chat Transcript 02 June 2016
 Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the Standing Committee on Improvements
Implementation call on Thursday, 02 June 2016 at 18:00 UTC.
  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:Hi all
  Sara Bockey:hello
  Rudi Vansnick:welcome Wolf-Ulrich, Sara
  Rudi Vansnick:waiting for the other members
  Rudi Vansnick:we have apologies from Amr
  Rudi Vansnick:welcome Angie, Anne
  Angie Graves:Thank you.  Dialing in now
  Angie Graves:My apologies for my delay
  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:now I understand the point...
  Anne Aikman-Scalese:I don't have a strong opinion either way - just would
like to know what our draft language actually means in this regard.
  Anne Aikman-Scalese:We should add after "on an interim basis" the following
(i.e. during the 14 days)
  Sara Bockey:I agree with Anne on #4...I think we should be explicit in what
is meant and currently some could view this as a grey area
  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:+1
  Mary Wong:Shall we just insert "within the allotted time period" in 4, after
"interim basis"? ie remove from 2 & 3 as noted, but iinsert in 4 for clarity?
  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@ Mary - that would certainly also work for me - for
clarity
  Rudi Vansnick:good proposal Mary ... let's get agreement on this ...
  Anne Aikman-Scalese:FYI that was my original proposal - put in 4 the language
you are taking out of the last sentence of 3.
  Mary Wong:@Anne, so it was!
  Anne Aikman-Scalese:I think we can still send out for consensus call with
changes in language made today.
  Mary Wong:Two weeks from today will be 16 June, so Amr can provide a written
update to the Council at that time, before people start traveling to Helsinki.
  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@Mary - sounds good!
  Anne Aikman-Scalese:When does GNSO meet in Helsinki?  is there a weekend
meeting before or no such meeting?  (Not as to SCI - just a question.)
  Julie Hedlund:@Anne: The GNSO Council meeting is on Thursday, and a short
meeting on Monday for preparation, and no weekend session.
  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Thank you Julie.  I have Accountability on Sunday so was
just checking.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Welcome Renata!
  renata aquino ribeiro:apologies for joining so late. connection issue.
  Julie Hedlund:Thanks so much everyone!
  renata aquino ribeiro:Planning for Hyderabad?
  Julie Hedlund:Drinks sound good :-)
  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Thanks everyone.  Goodbye - hope we can all have a drink
together in Helsinki!
  renata aquino ribeiro:ok thanks
  Sara Bockey:Thank you all!
  Mary Wong:Thanks all!
  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Thank you Rudi.
  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:Thanks Rudi, Anne and all. See you in Helsinki