ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvements-report-2008]

Re: [At-Large] [NA-Discuss] GNSO reform and ALAC

  • To: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso-improvements-report-2008@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [At-Large] [NA-Discuss] GNSO reform and ALAC
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:05:41 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Ross and all,

  As now persona's non grata, all of our members, users and
registrants all, have neither a voice or a vote of their
choosing and under the suggested/perposed "registrants
advisory board" will not either.  This is not representative
and therefore inconsistent with the MOU and ICANN's mission
accordingly.

  A voice and not a vote is inadequate for users and registrants
whom are also users themselves.  What is good for users and
registrants should be good for both, win-win.  Registries
and registrars may not always benefit with user-non-registrants
or user-registrants demands, which are after all the demands
of the broad marketplace.  But users whom are employed by
registries and registrars will benefit equally with other users
and some of these users may also be registrants as well...

  What is missing, or should I say has been removed, is the
GA which when official, was inclusive of all classes of
users and open and transparent to all whom wished to
participate.  Such is a representation of and too
accountability, which ICANN and particularly the GNSO
lacks significantly and has for some time.

  The ALS'es approach is a failure, and of course was
from it's inception as it seeks to divide rather than
unite by it's very nature of structure.