ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvements-report-2008]

Re: [NA-Discuss] GNSO reform and ALAC

  • To: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso-improvements-report-2008@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] GNSO reform and ALAC
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:36:11 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Wendy and all,

  In point of opinion and supported by some historical
fact, it's worse than a farce, it's a travisty of the
lowest order.  But than again the GNSO sense the ill
concieved idea of effectively dissolving the GA, hasn't
been representative of anything but perdominantly
the commercial sectors.  But of course that's understandable
as those are the consitituencies that pay ICANN the most,
now arn't they?  And so, and even if, ICANN is susppose to
be a 501 c(3) calif. corp. ICANN's staff and especially
its bod knows whom is buttering it's bread so to speak, eh?

  And for these amongst other already many times articulated
reasons, our members will not support (read drink the cool aid)
of some of not many commercial entities that have forced or
significantly over influenced ICANN policy agenda and direction,
namely again, Google, Wikipedia, RIAA and all or most of it's
members, MPAA and/or all of it's members, the BC and/or much
of it's members, and of course the IPC and most of it's quite
errant members with our $$ or other currency as is appropriate.