ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvements-report-2008]

Re: [NA-Discuss] GNSO reform and ALAC

  • To: Bret Fausett <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NA Discuss <na-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, gnso-improvements-report-2008@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] GNSO reform and ALAC
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 03:47:56 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Bret and all,

  I've read the report in great detail, and the the ALAC
liaison still has no vote.  However this is really beside
the point as far as a viable ALS that is a membership organization
if the members themselves don't have a voice and a vote, they
are religated to token representation or no actual representation
at all.  Ergo, the ALS'es cannot reasonably reflect user issues,
of which there are many that are not now, and are with this report,
unlikely to ever be addressed within ICANN if at all other than
by themselves or outside of ICANN via other means.

  BTW, same is true for independant registrants, whom are also
not and never have been represented in the GNSO/ICANN structure.
It also appears from this report that they never will be or
there is a underlying attitude for them not to be.

  From where our members sit, this report represents pretty
much more of the same that has existed within ICANN for the
past 9 years and demonstrates a decided lack of ICANN fulfilling
it's mandate and mission as well as not in keeping with the
MOU.