ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvements-report-2008]

Re: [NA-Discuss] GNSO Improvements - ALAC and Joint Statements - comments requested

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, At-Large Worldwide <alac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NA Discuss <na-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso-improvements-report-2008@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] GNSO Improvements - ALAC and Joint Statements - comments requested
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:21:51 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Danny and all,

  Agreed.  I also seem to recall that JFC desired these
"Internal lists" which by design are divisive, and C. Langdon-Orr
saying she was suffering at one point recently, of list exaustion.
I also seem to recall that there was a nuanced opinion amongst
the list of names you provided below of limiting users input
and participation.  Haven't we heard all this before?  Remember
the IDNO?  I sure do.

  It's clear that these folks are not interested in users issues
or concerns, they seek to use users for their own agenda or agenda's.
Hardly transparent and open, and certainly not accountable.

  What a farce as Wendy rightly deducted.  How long does such
a farce continue to be tolorated by ICANN's bod?  I can only
guess as long is the ICANN bod get's what it wants irrespective
of the consensus or vote of the users.