ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvements-report-2008]

Re: [NA-Discuss] [At-Large] GNSO reform and ALAC

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Ross Rader'" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Wendy Seltzer'" <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso-improvements-report-2008@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] [At-Large] GNSO reform and ALAC
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:30:41 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Roberto and all,

  I appriciate your comments, the boards past poor decisions,
the improper and falsely weighted current constituency structure,
but unless of until the ICANN Board AND the GNSO council is
fairly represented in the manner that reflects the majority of
stakeholders, ICANN's decisions on policy will never be considered
broadly as exceptable and will be for however long mired in
conterversy.

  This again said for I can't now recall however many times or
in however many ways over the past 9+ years, the VAST majority
of stakeholders are rightly concentrated in individual users
and individual registrants.  As such, the ICANN board and GNSO
council, in order to be fairly and equatably seated and recognized,
must hold a significant majority of seats in each respectively.
Otherwise ICANN can never meet's it's mission, commitments to the
public good, or recognize in all honesty and fairness, it's mandate
accordingly.