ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Draft Public Comment For Review- Final Version

  • To: "'Neuman, Jeff'" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Gomes, Chuck'" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Margie Milam'" <margie.milam@xxxxxxxxx>, "'gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx'" <gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Draft Public Comment For Review- Final Version
  • From: Konstantinos Komaitis <k.komaitis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 14:40:01 +0000

Thanks Jeff - and, yes, I have been soliciting the NCSG/NCUC membership for
comments and as everyone else this has been done in a rushed way. Needless to
say that the members that have responded on the mailing list did not agree with
the recommendation that was eventually put forward by the DT - they were
actually in favour of option number 1. That is one of the reasons I was
suggesting that the GNSO should be given all options that have been vetted by
SGs.

Now, above and beyond ICANN's SGs, there are also other entities and
individuals that might want to respond, just as they do so in other public
comment periods for other issues. Asking our SGs for their input is - and
should not be - viewed as equivalent to a public comment period.

Thanks

Konstantinos

Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,

Senior Lecturer,
Director of Postgraduate Instructional Courses
Director of LLM Information Technology and Telecommunications Law
University of Strathclyde,
The Law School,
Graham Hills building,
50 George Street, Glasgow G1 1BA