ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Current Results on Consensus Call

• To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Current Results on Consensus Call
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 00:51:18 -0500

Jeff, Since I am not on this group formally representing ALAC, it should say "At-Large" instead of ALAC. But please note that my Yes was a personal position and should not be represented as a position of At-Large or ALAC. I will report back prior to the Wednesday GNSO meeting whether my position is formally supported by ALAC or not.

Alan

At 08/03/2012 12:38 AM, Neuman, Jeff wrote:
All,

In order to predict the level of support/consensus for the recommendations, as there are multiple people from the same constituencies/organizations, for fairness purposes, I am grouping those individuals together. Thus, so far, I have noted the following:

RySG – Yes (Gomes)
IPC – Yes (Evans, Shatan)
ISP – Yes (Novoa)
BC – Yes (DelBianco)
NCUC – No (liddicoat/Komaitis)
NCA Appointes – Yes (Ajayi, Rickert)
ALAC – Yes (Greenberg)
Red Cross – Yes (Hughes, Hankins, Lanord)
IOC – Yes (Bikoff, Malancharuvil, Heasley)

Given these results, and the fact that we have heard from all of the major constituencies, and other groups that regularly participated, I believe we have consensus (but not full consensus) support for the recommendations. According to the guidelines, Consensus does not require unanimity. See <http://gnso.icann.org/council/docs.html>http://gnso.icann.org/council/docs.html (annex 1).

I will report this to the Council along with the statements from the NCUC members.

Thanks to everyone for participating and see many of you in a couple of days.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs
21575 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling, VA 20166
Office: +1.571.434.5772 Mobile: +1.202.549.5079 Fax: +1.703.738.7965 / <mailto:jeff.neuman@xxxxxxxxxxx>jeff.neuman@xxxxxxxxxxx / www.neustar.biz

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy