ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Language Issue Solution

  • To: Jim Bikoff <jbikoff@xxxxxxxxx>, Jeff Neuman <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Gregory Shatan <gshatan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Language Issue Solution
  • From: Konstantinos Komaitis <k.komaitis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 19:40:08 +0000

Thank you very much for the clarification Jim. We should, however, identify a
way where any addition of new languages beyond this illustrative list should be
done in a way that is not arbitrary. I am not certain how this can be achieved,
but my point is to prevent the addition of languages without having a mechanism
where a)the need to add the additional language is verified and, b) the
addition is part of a clear and unambiguous  justification of why the terms
should be protected because, especially under national laws.

Thanks

Konstantinos