ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] List of possible approaches for Red Cross/IOC names in new gTLDS

  • To: gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] List of possible approaches for Red Cross/IOC names in new gTLDS
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 15:34:28 +0200

hi,

I forwarded this email to the NCSG discuss list.

The conversation is still ongoing.

In terms of the questions, I got one recommendation for a change to question 5:

"
International law firm "to conduct a legal analysis to substantiate/verify
whether there is clear evidence of treaty law and/or statutes that would
require registries and registrars to protect IOC and RCRC names by law."

Not ICANN legal counsel.  Tender for an international legal firm (consortium of
legal scholars?) to conduct analysis (there's about $357m in the TLD moneybox)
"

For the most part people have been giving their opinion on the options.

I would say that the overwhelming support is for option 1, with a little
support for 3 and for 4.

This is based on opinions in the email thread and not on a poll, vote or
judgement by the NCSG policy committee.

avri