ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Apologies for Wednesday Meeting

  • To: "'Neuman, Jeff'" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Apologies for Wednesday Meeting
  • From: "Shatan, Gregory S." <GShatan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:09:19 +0000

I hope that we can avoid getting bogged down with semantics.  I concur with
those that think it would be better not to create a new term (“moratorium”) if
we can use an existing one.  Perhaps we can avoid the “long drawn out process”
of removing the names from the reserved list, and simply specify that these
strings will be “reserved” only until the conclusion of the PDP process.  Thus,
they would fall off the reserved list automatically, except to the extent that
the PDP results in making some or all of these strings permanently reserved.