ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Apologies for Wednesday Meeting

  • To: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Apologies for Wednesday Meeting
  • From: Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 09:52:22 +0200

Alan,
I would rather guess that they have seen the proposal currently under
discussion and phrased the "Whereas" to give us a signal that they like the
idea.

As already discussed during our last call, I would urge the group to use a
terminology that does not suggest that we are giving the designations the
status of reserved names, unless the outcome of a PDP grants it. It is a
detail, but the message to the community is different.

Thomas