ICANN ICANN Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Apologies for Wednesday Meeting

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Apologies for Wednesday Meeting
  • From: Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 09:21:39 +0200

thanks for your message and I am sorry, but I cannot make today's call either 
so I cannot chair it.

Kind regards,

Am 19.09.2012 um 05:20 schrieb Neuman, Jeff:

> All,
> A meeting I am unable to get out of has just come up that makes it impossible 
> for me to attend the call.  It would still be good for you all to discuss the 
> e-mail sent around earlier to make sure that I have worded the proposal 
> accurately and to refine if necessary, so that we can get final feedback on 
> the consensus call by September 26th. 
> I am going to ask Chuck or Thomas if they can lead the call….sorry to put you 
> two on the spot.  If you want, you can discuss the Board resolution as well.  
> I believe that our current proposal may be in line with the resolution, but 
> there may be some issues  I believe that need to be addressed.
> The resolution states:
> Resolved (NG2012.09.13.01), if it is not possible to conclude the policy work 
> prior to 31 January 2013, the Board requests that the GNSO Council advise the 
> Board by no later than that date if it is aware of any reason, such as 
> concerns with the global public interest or the security or stability of the 
> DNS, that the Board should take into account in making its decision about 
> whether to include second level protections for the IOC and Red Cross/Red 
> Crescent names listed in section of the Applicant Guidebook by 
> inclusion on a Reserved Names List applicable in all new gTLD registries 
> approved in the first round of the New gTLD Program
> What does it mean to “conclude the policy work”?  If the GNSO recommends the 
> “moratorium on registrations”, but initiates the pdp (which will not likely 
> be done by 1/31/13), would the Board attempt to override the ongoing pdp.  Or 
> would the moratorium on registrations satisfy this requirement.  I would like 
> to see if the Board’s new gTLD Program Committee could give us some more 
> details about this.  Please let me know if you share my concerns.
> Thanks in advance and I apologize for not being able to attend, but I wil 
> listen to the recording.
> Jeffrey J. Neuman 
> Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs
> 46000 Center Oak Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166
> Office: +1.571.434.5772  Mobile: +1.202.549.5079  Fax: +1.703.738.7965 / 
> jeff.neuman@xxxxxxxxxxx  / www.neustar.biz

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy