ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Re: [council] Initiation of IGO/INGO Protection PDP

  • To: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>, Brian Peck <brian.peck@xxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Re: [council] Initiation of IGO/INGO Protection PDP
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:58:49 +0000

Margie,

I had two concerns: 1) timing & 2) ability of the new WG to respond quickly in
responding to the public comment period.  Regarding timing, if the new WG is
formed and ready to go by the end of the reply period, that would likely
resolve most of my concerns in that regard.  But even if that is the case, if
there are lots of new participants in the new WG, they will need to be brought
up to speed so it might take longer to respond to the public comments; maybe
that would be okay but I am not sure.  In my opinion, whatever works best for
minimizing the total time needed to get the PDP work done as quick as possible
is the best way to go.

Chuck