ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09] RE: [WHOIS-WG] Initial WHOIS Service Requirements Report for Council review and discussion

  • Subject: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] RE: [WHOIS-WG] Initial WHOIS Service Requirements Report for Council review and discussion
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 08:45:47 -0700

Michele and all,

I do want to encourage the WG to read the WHOIS service requirements initial
report and provide comments if you have any.  Also, Steve Sheng, the primary
author of the report, and I would be glad to provide an overview of the report
and respond to questions if that would be helpful to the group.

I think it is important to emphasize that the purpose of the report is not to
make any policy recommendations, but rather to inventory technical
"requirements" that would be needed to address deficiencies in WHOIS that have
been identified to-date and also to include technical requirements needed to
support policy proposals that have been suggested in the past.

Specifically, we are hoping for feedback by May 17 on the following questions:

  1) Have we adequately identified the origins of each requirement and provided
sufficient background?

  2) Did we miss any important requirements of or improvements to WHOIS that
have been discussed to-date?

  3) Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the clarity of the
document?

  4) any other comments are welcome.

Our plan is to incorporate the feedback into the draft report and publish the
final report before the Brussels meeting.

Thanks for your interest in the report!

Liz