ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] For your review - draft IRTP Part B Initial Report

  • To: "'Erdman, Kevin R.'" <Kevin.Erdman@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] For your review - draft IRTP Part B Initial Report
  • From: "Michael Collins" <mc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 15:21:12 -0400

Kevin and all:

I understand the scenario that you are trying to guard against. It seems
like a valid concern. However, I am not sure that it is wise to have no
deadline for filing an ETRP. For one thing, the TDRP is limited to six
months after a transfer, meaning that a TDRP could not be used to resolve a
Disputed ETRP after six months. If we keep the "becoming aware" language, we
should consider extending the deadline no longer than would accommodate a
TDRP filing.

As an option to extending the deadline for filing an ETRP or to supplement
it, we could suggest a change to IRTP policy requiring the Registrar of
Record to notify the Registrant of transfer requests. It is optional now.
Further, we could suggest requiring a second notice upon completion of a
transfer to increase chances that notification is received. Thoughts about
this?

Best regards,

Michael Collins