[gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Statement of Interest for George Kirikos (last updated May 31, 2010)
- To: Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Statement of Interest for George Kirikos (last updated May 31, 2010)
- From: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 10:37:26 -0400
Thanks for allowing me to join this working group. Here's my latest
statement of interest:
1. Current vocation, employer and position
I am the president of Leap of Faith Financial Services Inc., a company
based in Toronto, Canada.
2. Type of work performed in 1 above
My company owns and develops a number of domain names and websites
used by millions of users from all over the world every year. My
personal background is in economics and finance.
3. Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested
parties in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a
transaction, contract, or other arrangement
We are also a Registration Service Provider (i.e. reseller) for
Tucows/OpenSRS for a small number of clients, although that forms a
very tiny part of our overall business.
4. Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes. Are you representing other parties?
We do not represent any other parties. Our commercial interests in
ICANN GNSO policy development outcomes would be the normal ones
associated with being a commercial website operator and business
registrant of domain names. To the extent that any new policies
endanger the rights of registrants or impose new burdens on
registrants, we would be affected.
5. Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or
selection as a work team member.
Our participation is for our own behalf. We are a corporate donating
member of IP Justice. (IP Justice participates in the Non-Commercial
Users Constituency, but we don't represent them, they don't represent
us, nor do we necessarily endorse any positions of it or any other
groups) No other arrangements or agreements regarding our
participation in this workgroup exist.