ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Serious problems with the ETRP and the overall IRTP-B initial report

  • To: Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Serious problems with the ETRP and the overall IRTP-B initial report
  • From: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 10:58:05 -0400

Hi folks,

Marika already posted a preview of some of my concerns about the ETRP
and the entire report at:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtp-b-jun09/msg00299.html

with additional analysis/comments (including those from others) at:

http://www.domainstate.com/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=105796
http://www.dnforum.com/f557/proposed-icann-expedited-transfer-reversal-policy-could-disrupt-secondary-market-thread-420833.html

I spent 10 hours yesterday reading all of the conference call
transcripts and email list archives since the inception of this
working group, so I hope that this group will benefit from a fresh
pair of eyes on the issues. It appears certain topics/ideas of
concern/worry were hinted at by others in past discussions, but in my
view they didn't really enunciate it very clearly to themselves or the
working group, so their points didn't resonate.

I've noticed that much of the "volume" of work has taken place, for
better or for worse, either during the conference calls or through
unarchived sub-group private emails, as opposed to this mailing list.

So, what is the preferred method that folks would like the concerns to
be raised? I don't see any conference calls scheduled before Brussels,
and don't want to "swamp" folks with a bunch of emails that don't get
read, wasting my time and yours. I could break the points down into
one issue per separate email, or put them all into one document, or
take on issues sequentially, whatever is easiest for you all to
digest. If some might want to pick up the phone and talk, that's
another route.

Given many of the concerns will be highly critical of what's been
produced to date, I hope that folks don't take the comments
personally, by the way, or are too emotionally "invested" in the
current report. The goal should be producing the best possible work.
One working group member spoke about "inertia", and that's one of the
problems I'll discuss.

Let me know how best to proceed.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
416-588-0269
http://www.leap.com/

P.S. Happy holidays to our American cousins today.