ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Work Schedule

  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Work Schedule
  • From: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:27:27 +0000

On 13 Jul 2010, at 18:57, George Kirikos wrote:

> I did not re-open the issue of extending the comment period. How that
> got put on today's agenda, I do not know. I presume folks realized
> their initial analysis was wrong. Perhaps they'll realize that about a
> number of other aspects of the report, as they have more time to
> ponder things and receive public input.

George

The item was put on the agenda by me after consulting with Marika

As you have pointed out in the past (as have others), there are a LOT of
comment periods open at present. Some of them have been extended and since the
option to extend it was open for discussion I put it on the agenda for
discussion

Maybe I should have been clearer that the possible extension was a couple of
weeks from the outset. Sorry if this led you to believe that the option of
extending it until September was an option.

> Leader don't just follow "marching orders" and "have to press on."
> Leaders show independent thought, questioning everything (even
> themselves), to come up with the best direction. Good leaders
> recognize when they are wrong, admit it, and change direction. Bad
> leaders feel compelled to stick to wrong decisions, as they place
> their egos ahead of the quality of their decisions. Those who engage
> in groupthink are not good leaders:
>
> http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtp-b-jun09/msg00332.html
>
> While some might benefit from this workgroup being filled with
> mindless drones that simply parrot their marching orders, the public
> deserves a much higher standard, and is looking for leadership and
> critical thought to come up with *best* policies. It's my hope to
> awaken that within others who might have coasted to date, and been
> "followers" instead of "good leaders."

With all due respect George classifying members of this group and what we have
been doing to date in that fashion is highly insulting.

I welcome constructive criticism, but calling members of this group "mindless
drones" is uncalled for.

Regards

Michele

Mr Michele Neylon