ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Change of registrant

  • To: <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Change of registrant
  • From: "Rob Golding" <rob.golding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:21:21 +0100

> of 'change of registrant', I checked internally, but as noted by the
> WG, there does not seem to be such a definition. Someone did note that
> as reference was made in the email sent by James/Matt to definitions of
> the term used by ccTLDs, it might be worth checking those as a possible
> starting point for further discussions, should the WG want to carry out
> further work in this regard.

For those of us who deal with a lot of ccTLDs the concept of "Registrant" as
an entity is quite common.

And for "restrictive" gTLDs (we're not accredited for any yet so cannot say
for certain) probably also have the concept (e.g .co-op)

However with the original gTLDs it appears to be much "looser" with the
contacts.

I'm in favour of having a specific definition of registrant, and pushing for
policies/procedures relating to the management of registrant information.

Regards,
Rob
--
e:Rob.Golding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.othellotech.net   t:0871 277 6875
Othello Technology Systems Ltd, Number One Poultry, London, EC2R 8JR UK

For 24/7/365 Support, Community forums and Blog click
http://hostassist.co.uk