ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] 60 day lock following registrant change

  • To: "'George Kirikos'" <icann@xxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] 60 day lock following registrant change
  • From: "Rob Golding" <rob.golding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:49:21 +0100

Before leaving, George wrote ...

> The "ETRP" is saying, though, that if your car is *claimed* to be
> stolen, the police should drop everything they're doing (i.e. impose a
> cost on society) to treat your case as an emergency, whether your car
> is a 1980 Lada or a 2010 Rolls Royce

I've no idea about the police where you're based, but in the UK that is
*exactly* what happens, the type or implied "value" of the car is irrelevant
to the filing of it as stolen, the systems/policies/procedures are identical

> Educate them, then.

IMHO education only works for some users - the universe is very adept at
generating increasingly stupid people - this is why we have to put up signs
in barbed wire fences inside secure compounds every 2 yards saying "danger
of hurting yourself, please do not climb"

Rob