ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] IRTP Part B Agenda

  • To: "Marika Konings" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] IRTP Part B Agenda
  • From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:49:11 -0700

Team:

I apologize for the delay, but did want to report that we have, in the
past and on rare occasions, removed the internal 60-day lock.  This is
done primarily where it was applied accidentally or in error, and the
registered name holder(s) were able to establish their identity to our
satisfaction.

Not surprisingly, would-be hijackers do not request this procedure, and
basically try not to draw attention to themselves.

Thanks--

J.