ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09] FW: Aftermarket Perspective

  • To: <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] FW: Aftermarket Perspective
  • From: "Bob Mountain" <bmountain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 12:41:29 -0400

Hello everyone,
On the Aug 24 call James Bladel asked Simonetta and I to gather some
aftermarket perspective on ETRP.   We've put together a list of questions and a
number of aftermarket cohorts.  Please feel free to reply with any comments or
suggestions by end of day Monday Sept 6.  We'll begin reaching out next week.

Best!
Mtn.

--
Robert J. Mountain
Vice President, Business Development

        Dear [name],

        We are currently soliciting feedback for the ICANN IRTP-B Workgroup to
provide a perspective from the secondary domain market on their proposed
Expedited Transfer Reverse Policy (ERTP) process.  We would like to request
15-20 minutes of your time by phone over the next few days.

        You can find information on the current proposal here (see pages 49-54
of this document):

https://st.icann.org/data/workspaces/irtp-partb/attachments/irtp_part_b:20100629113858-0-20711/original/IRTP%20Part%20B%20Initial%20Report%20-%20Final%20-%2029%20May%202010.pdf

        We would like to share the following thoughts with you about this topic:

        1.      How many domain hijackings have you experienced (either buying
or selling)?
        2.      How many would you normally expect to experience in a year?
        3.      Were the hijackings resolved to your satisfaction?
        4.      How there they resolved?
        5.      Do you feel there are adequate tools and processes in place to
prevent or resolve domain hijackings?
        6.      Are you familiar with the ETRP process that is currently in the
comment period at ICANN?
        7.      Do you have any comments about ETRP?
        8.      Do you have any suggestions on the domain registration and
transfer process that would make it more secure and less prone to hijacking?

        Please let us know if you would be available to discuss by phone within
the next seven days.

        You can view the public comments on this issue here:
        http://forum.icann.org/lists/irtp-b-initial-report/msg00017.html

        Best regards,

        Bob Mountain, Vice President of Business Development, NameMedia
        Simonetta Batteiger, Product Manager - Registrar Channel, Sedo.com LLC

        We will solicit feedback from 5 different cohorts that represent
important elements of the Aftermarket ecosystem.  Cohorts  are below.

        1. AfterMarket Marketplaces
        2. Domainers
        3. Registrars w/ Aftermarket Presence
        4. Brokers