ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09] IRTP-B Aftermarket Survey

  • To: <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] IRTP-B Aftermarket Survey
  • From: "Bob Mountain" <bmountain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:39:11 -0400

Hi Everyone,
Attached is the revised email to go out to the Aftermarket Cohorts.  Per our
discussion Tuesday, we¹ve tailored it to emphasize that this is focused on a
narrow audience to get their perspective.  As agreed when referencing this
initiative we will emphasize the narrow Aftermarket focus to avoid anyone
drawing broader conclusions from the info.

Comments welcome, please get back to me by Monday so we can start early next
week.

Best regards,
Mtn.

=========

Dear [name],

We are currently soliciting feedback for the ICANN IRTP-B Workgroup to
provide a perspective from the secondary domain market on their proposed
Expedited Transfer Reverse Policy (ETRP) process. We are interested in
speaking with a select group of individuals and our intent is solely to gain
a better understanding of the domain aftermarket¹s concerns about ETRP.  We
would like to request 15-20 minutes of your time by phone over the next few
days.  Your responses will be reported to the Workgroup but your identity
will remain confidential.

You can find information on the current proposal here (see pages 49-54 of
this document):
https://st.icann.org/data/workspaces/irtp-partb/attachments/irtp_part_b:2010
0629113858-0-20711/original/IRTP%20Part%20B%20Initial%20Report%20-%20Final%2
0-%2029%20May%202010.pdf
<https://st.icann.org/data/workspaces/irtp-partb/attachments/irtp_part_b:201
00629113858-0-20711/original/IRTP%20Part%20B%20Initial%20Report%20-%20Final%
20-%2029%20May%202010.pdf>

We would like to gain your insight on the following topics:
1. How many domain hijackings have you experienced (either buying or
selling)?
2. How many would you normally expect to experience in a year?
3. Were the hijackings resolved to your satisfaction?
4. How were they resolved?
5. Do you feel there are adequate tools and processes in place to prevent or
resolve domain hijackings?
6. What tools and processes would you recommend in place to prevent or
resolve domain hijackings?
7. Are you familiar with the Expedited Transfer Reverse Policy (ETRP)
process that is currently in the comment period at ICANN as proposed in the
Initial Report on the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy ­ Part B Policy
Development Process?
8. If yes, please provide your comments about ETRP.
9. What other suggestions on the domain registration and transfer process do
you recommend that would make it more secure and less prone to hijacking?

Please let us know if you would be available to discuss by phone within the
next seven days.

You can view the public comments on this issue here:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/irtp-b-initial-report/msg00017.html
<http://forum.icann.org/lists/irtp-b-initial-report/msg00017.html>

Best regards,

Bob Mountain, Vice President of Business Development, NameMedia
Simonetta Batteiger, Product Manager ­ Registrar Channel, Sedo.com LLC

--
Robert J. Mountain
Vice President, Business Development