ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] For your review - Updated proposals recommendation #8 and #9

  • To: mike@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] For your review - Updated proposals recommendation #8 and #9
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 07:55:07 -0700

Mikey,

One thing to consider regarding 8 is that there may be RFCs involved
that define Whois protocol, EPP statuses, etc. So it may not be that
simple and may even require contractual changes within registry
agreements. In any event, the solution chosen may create "technical
comlexity" that should be considered as well as how it impacts how
quicky a solution could be implemented.

That said, one advantage of a link to a definitions page is that this
page could be much more comprehensive in its explanation of a status and
could be update/revised very quickly. As a practical matter, definitions
incorporated into the EPP protocol would need to be limited in length
and likely 90-180 days to implement changes accross dozens and
ultimately hundreds of registries, and then there is compliance to
consider.

Tim