ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08] one other request for Marika -- a preliminary flow chart

• To: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08] one other request for Marika -- a preliminary flow chart
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:27:46 -0600

At 03:58 AM 11/13/2008, Marika Konings wrote:
Dear All,

In order to develop a flow chart as requested by Mike O?Conner, we believe it is first necessary to define in further detail the different bulk transfer scenarios and determine which conditions, if any, need to apply to each scenario. In order to facilitate this discussion, Olof and I have made a first attempt of defining the different partial bulk transfer scenarios that have been discussed. This outline could form the basis for our next discussion. Please feel free to circulate any other scenarios that should be added to the mailing list.

Scenario I ? Partial Bulk Transfer following ICANN accreditation of a reseller
A reseller becomes an ICANN accredited registrar and may decide to become the registrar or record for those domain names for which it has been accredited.

Scenario II ? Partial Bulk Transfer between registrars
A registrar may decided to move a certain number of domain names to another registrar, e.g. linked to one gTLD because there is agreement to no longer sell domain names in the gTLD in question.

Scenario III ? Partial Bulk Transfer in case of a (partial) merger or acquisition involving a registrar As a result of a partial merger or acquisition by a registrar, a number, but not all, domain names are transferred to the new registrar.

Scenario IV ? Partial Bulk Transfer initiated by a registrant
A registrant decides to move part of his/her portfolio, but not all, e.g. as part of a partial merger or acquisition.

A next step might be for the group to identify the different questions for each scenario which might define whether a different approach for each scenario is required. Some of the questions that would need to be addressed include; should a fee apply, notification/opt-out possibility, renewal, min/max number, etc.

With best regards,

Marika

On 11/11/08 5:05 PM, "Mike O'Connor" <<mike@xxxxxxxxxx>mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi all,

as Paul wrapped up the call with some action-items for Marika, i was
itching to get in there with one more request.  could Marika come up
with a preliminary version of a flow chart (like the one at line 301
in the draft) of the sequence of steps in the partial bulk transfer
process?  purely for discussion purposes of course.  it would be
really helpful for me to puzzle through this stuff.

thanks.  sorry i soaked up so much time late in our call -- i didn't
mean to do that.

mikey

voice: 651-647-6109
fax: 866-280-2356

web: www.haven2.com

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.2/1783 - Release Date: 11/12/2008 10:01 AM

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy