ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

RE: [gnso-irtpc] Proposed agenda - IRTP Part C Working Group Meeting

  • To: <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtpc] Proposed agenda - IRTP Part C Working Group Meeting
  • From: "Rob Golding" <rob.golding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:06:47 -0000

Regarding chair:
I have no preference over the choice between chair & vice or co-chair

Regarding the "renumbering" to always use IANA assigned ID:
Totally in favour - it's _always_ seemed odd that every registry and tld use
a different but confusingly similar naming and numbering.

I realise it's going to mean some reconfiguration of registrar systems, and
of registry setups, and therefore at some point has a small time/cost
implication (although is likely to significantly save effort as new TLDs are
introduced) - are there any members of the WG who *don't* think it's a good
idea or can we reach concensus for 1/3 of IRTP-C quickly ?

Rob