ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] new mind-map is up on the site

  • To: IRTPC Working Group <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] new mind-map is up on the site
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 10:15:59 -0500

hi all,

i've posted the latest version of the mind-map to the site, here's the link;

https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoirtppdpwg/Mind+maps+of+teleconference+discussions

sorry i was so slow on the uptake, but that whole FOA vs AuthCode conversation
took me completely by surprise.  it would be helpful is somebody would dig in
and do a little research on what the "correct" definitions/roles/uses of
AuthInfo vs FOA codes are before the next call.

let me be clear on one thing, and one thing only.  i do not want to see a
solution where a "stale" piece of information can be exploited to steal a
domain name.  i don't care how it's fixed, i don't care who does what, i don't
care what services registrars offer to make meeting the requirements easier for
registrants.  but i'm not going to accept a solution based on the argument that
security is too hard to implement in an easy-to-use way, so we're going to
leave registrants handle that risk on their own.

thanks,

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356