ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 10 April 2012

  • To: "gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 10 April 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 09:21:29 -0700

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) C
working group call held on Tuesday, 10 April 2012 @ 1400 UTC on page:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-c-20120410-en.mp3

on page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar#apr

The transcript will be posted on the same page.

The contents of the AC chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Attendees:
Mike O'Connor - CBUC
Philip Corwin - CBUC
James Bladel -co-chair
Avri Doria - co-chair
Michele Neylon - RrSG
Bob Mountain - Rr SG
Angie Graves - CBUC
Barbara Knight - RySG
Rob Golding - RrSG
Hago Dafalla - NCSG
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Jonathan Tenenbaum - RrSG

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Glen de St Géry
Nathalie Peregrine

Apologies
Paul Diaz RrSg
Chris Chaplow - CBUC
Alain Berranger - NPOC
Matt Serlin - RrSG
Zahid Jamil - CBUC
Roy Dykes - RySG
Simonetta Batteiger - RrSG

IRTP C Members:
Alain Berranger
Simonetta Batteiger
James M. Bladel
Chris Chaplow
Phil Corwin
Paul Diaz
Roy Dykes
Avri Doria
Hago Dafalla
Kevin Erdman
Rob Golding
Volker Greimann
Oliver Hope
Zahid Jamil
Bob Mountain
Michele Neylon
Mike O'Connor
Matt Serlin
Jonathan Tenenbaum
Barbara Knight
Rob Villeneuve
Jacob Williams

Archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/
Wiki Space: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoirtppdpwg/Home

Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine for

GNSO Secretariat
gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>

AC Chat Room: 10th April 2012

  Bob Mountain:Portabarradio.com is available

  Mikey O'Connor:http://www.haven2.com/index.php/archives/porto-baradio

  Bob Mountain:Someone will pay $ for that

  Mikey O'Connor:tech note - the ice tray is directly over the power transformer

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Zahid Jamil sends his apology for today's call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Chris Chaplow also sends his apology

  Marika Konings:The link to the data gathering survey is
http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22F7PXP7S8R

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Rob Golding has joined the audio bridge

  Michele Neylon:each user can zoom

  Michele Neylon:down the bottom of the screen

  Michele Neylon:I've zoomed it to 200%

  Bob Mountain:Could old be perjorative?  Perhaps

  Bob Mountain:"former" or "previous"?

  Michele Neylon:Mikey - nice device - I posted a comment :)

  Michele Neylon:Bob - you PC person you :)

  Bob Mountain:He I live next to Cambridge Mass, aka People's Republic of
Cambridge

  Michele Neylon:Is Avri being cut off?

  Nathalie  Peregrine:No, but her line is very unstable

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Simonetta Batteiger sends her apology

  Michele Neylon:I can't hear

  Michele Neylon:is her line really low volume?

  IRTP:very low volume

  IRTP:my name (HAGO DAFALLA) abera as IRTP?

  Michele Neylon:sounds like you filled out your details incorrectly :)

  Nathalie  Peregrine:The operator has boosted Avri's line to the max

  Nathalie  Peregrine:@Hago, IRTP is the passcode to join the audio. To join
the AC room, you just need to fill in your name.

  Hago:now its oky

  Marika Konings:I've changed your name, Hago as I thought it was you ;-)

  Bob Mountain:Mute

  avri:relinquishing registrant?

  Michele Neylon:not bad ..

  Bob Mountain:Vanquished

  Michele Neylon:we need something which isn't "old" :)

  Michele Neylon:but not for Bob's PC reasons :)

  Michele Neylon:cos ..

  Marika Konings:7 questions in total

  Marika Konings:last one got cut off on the pdf

  Mikey O'Connor:Notes on principles from 10-Apr all WG call    2
"first"?  do we want this to replace registrar processes?  uniformity vs
variety/competition.  "if the registrar didn't offer the function"
maybe eliminate the word "first"    4        "preauthorization" might be a way
to ease the process problems        authorization is preferred to notification
-- on the call     5        adds who is responsible for obtaining authorization
       registrants don't know destination-registrar?  they may not care.  how
do you differentiate cases?        when coa is from a court order/udrp?
Thick/thin registry        four entities involved in a coa --        maybe
identify a sequence of irtp/coa     9        is coa an additional section of
the policy, or part of the irtp        FOA templates are mandated -- ICANN
provides templates            language hasn't changed in several years -- maybe
a broader issue            scope issue    'old' maybe change to 'previous'
registrant

  Mikey O'Connor:argh...  THAT's ugly...

  Mikey O'Connor:sorry about that -- i'll push notes to the list.

  Bladel:Bye!