ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] Auth Info Code Use

  • To: IRTPC Working Group <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] Auth Info Code Use
  • From: "Knight, Barbara" <BKnight@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 13:51:59 +0000

All,
I had an opportunity to further discuss the function of the auth info code with
Scott Hollenbeck, our resident expert on this topic.  He informed me that the
original intention of the auth-code was that it would be used to authenticate
ANY type of domain update, i.e. transfers, name server changes, registrant
changes, etc.).  He further indicated that while it can be used for any types
of updates to a domain name, Registries and Registrars may need to do some
additional development to implement its use to authenticate other types of
updates.  I hope this helps to clarify that there is more flexibility in use of
the auth-code than we thought.  If there are further questions, I can arrange
to have Scott attend one of our meetings to answer additional questions
relating to this topic.  Many thanks.

Barbara Knight
Director of Policy

VerisignInc.com<http://www.verisigninc.com/>

This message (including any attachments) is  intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us
immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii)

[Verisign(tm)]

GIF image

GIF image