ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 24 July 2012

  • To: "gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 24 July 2012
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:20:09 -0700

Dear all,

The next IRTP C meeting is scheduled for the 31st July 2012.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) C
working group call held on Tuesday 24 July 2012 @ 1400 UTC

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-c-20120724-en.mp3

on page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar#jul

The transcript will be posted on the same page.

The contents of the AC chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Attendees:
Mike O'Connor - ISPCP
James Bladel -RrSG co-chair
Roy Dykes - RySG
Zahid Jamil - CBUC
Angie Graves - CBUC
Philip Corwin - CBUC
Simonetta Batteiger - RrSG
Michele Neylon - RrSG
Avri Doria - NCSG co-Chair
Barbara Knight - RrSG
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Jonathan Tenenbaum - RrSG
Matt Serlin - RrSG

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Berry Cobb
Glen de Saint Géry

Apologies
Bob Mountain - RrSG
Volker Greimann - RrSG
Paul Diaz - RrSg
Rob Golding - RrSG
Chris Chaplow - CBUC

IRTP C Members:
Alain Berranger
Simonetta Batteiger
James M. Bladel
Chris Chaplow
Phil Corwin
Paul Diaz
Roy Dykes
Avri Doria
Hago Dafalla
Kevin Erdman
Rob Golding
Volker Greimann
Oliver Hope
Zahid Jamil
Bob Mountain
Michele Neylon
Mike O'Connor
Matt Serlin
Jonathan Tenenbaum
Barbara Knight
Rob Villeneuve
Jacob Williams

Archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/
Wiki Space: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoirtppdpwg/Home

Kind regards,
Glen
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://gnso.icann.org

AC Chat Room: 24 July 2012
Marika Konings: IRTP Part C WG Meeting - 24 July 2012

avri: i am calling in on skype.  i will remain mute, and if i drop skype
explains it.

Simonetta Batteiger: hi

Michele Neylon: yay

Michele Neylon: or something

Michele Neylon: Berry vs Marika

Michele Neylon: hmm

Berry Cobb: hands down....Marika.

Marika Konings: :-)

Simonetta Batteiger: I do

Simonetta Batteiger: registrar, I think with Strato

Michele Neylon: Cronon / Strato

Michele Neylon: He was in the meeting in Prague

Simonetta Batteiger: yes, he was

Simonetta Batteiger: one of the vocal ones in the workgroup session...

Matt Serlin: sorry for my lateness

Bladel: :)

Simonetta Batteiger: and technically simple to implement

Marika Konings: Happy Birthday Matt!

Simonetta Batteiger: and he disagreed with that sequence idea

Simonetta Batteiger: and/or the requirement to then have time periods in between

Simonetta Batteiger: I guess I would wonder about the "control mechanism"...

Simonetta Batteiger: and how complicated this is...

Simonetta Batteiger: I think Michael's comment came from the exact same
thought...

Simonetta Batteiger: ...that it would create an undue operational burden for
him as a registrar...

Matt Serlin: thanks Marika!

Simonetta Batteiger: sounds like work we need to do...

Mikey O'Connor: ?

Michele Neylon: EPAG is not a reseller - they're a subsidiary

Matt Serlin: i think we are headed down a deep rat whole trying to address the
reseller situation

Simonetta Batteiger: change of registrant

Simonetta Batteiger: another one we need to think about some more? ;-)

Mikey O'Connor: yep -- "applicability

Mikey O'Connor:  oops "applicability" is a key dimension

Simonetta Batteiger: I think you captured this well!

Mikey O'Connor: yep

Mikey O'Connor: might rewrite the comment -- include more from the transcript
Marika/Berry

Simonetta Batteiger: agree

Mikey O'Connor: good -- glad to put the "remit" question to bed

Michele Neylon:
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20120719_a_confession_about_icann_whois_data_reminder_policy/

Mikey O'Connor: agree

avri: not really at the same time, but sequentially.  And I can imagine cases
in community registrations where the change of registrant might not go through
as easily as we imagine with current gtlds.

Mikey O'Connor: i think there is a difference between "simultaneous" and
"really really close together"

Berry Cobb 2: If it hasn't already been created, it seems like creating a use
case inventory of COR & COC should be created.

Simonetta Batteiger: and then you have the issue to need to define which one
overrides the other if they conflict....

Michele Neylon: Mikey - agreed
avri: bye and thanks