ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 31 July 2012

  • To: "gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 31 July 2012
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:26:43 -0700

Dear all,

The next IRTP C meeting is scheduled for 7 August  2012.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) C
working group call held on Tuesday 31 July 2012 @ 1400 UTC

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-c-20120731-en.mp3

on page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar#jul

The transcript will be posted on the same page.

The contents of the AC chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Attendees:
Mike O'Connor - ISPCP
James Bladel -RrSG co-chair
Roy Dykes - RySG
Hago Dafalla - NCUC
Angie Graves - CBUC
Philip Corwin - CBUC
Simonetta Batteiger - RrSG
Michele Neylon - RrSG
Avri Doria - NCSG co-Chair
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Jonathan Tenenbaum - RrSG
Matt Serlin - RrSG
Chris Chaplow - CBUC

ICANN Staff:
Berry Cobb
Glen de Saint Géry

Apologies
Zahid Jamil - CBUC
Barbara Knight - RrSG
Bob Mountain - RrSG
Volker Greimann - RrSG
Paul Diaz - RrSg
Rob Golding - RrSG

IRTP C Members:
Alain Berranger
Simonetta Batteiger
James M. Bladel
Chris Chaplow
Phil Corwin
Paul Diaz
Roy Dykes
Avri Doria
Hago Dafalla
Kevin Erdman
Rob Golding
Volker Greimann
Oliver Hope
Zahid Jamil
Bob Mountain
Michele Neylon
Mike O'Connor
Matt Serlin
Jonathan Tenenbaum
Barbara Knight
Rob Villeneuve
Jacob Williams

Archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/
Wiki Space: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoirtppdpwg/Home

Kind regards,
Glen
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://gnso.icann.org

AC Chat Room: 31 July 2012

Berry Cobb: Welecome to the 31 July 2012 IRTP-C Conference Call.

Mikey O'Connor: hi gang...

Glen de Saint Gery: Hi Mikey and Berry, I will be on the call today!

Berry Cobb: For those that care....IRTP is documented in its entireity.  I'm
takin back by how long IRTP Policy work has been going on.
http://gnso.icann.org/en/ongoing-work/irtp-policy.htm

Michele Neylon: new Sky Fall trailer distracted me :)

Michele Neylon: sorry http://comingsoon.ie/skyfall-new-trailer-released/

Bladel: Thanks, Berry.  Wow.

Berry Cobb: Marika already is sending emails!  #fail

Mikey O'Connor: what's your Paypal ID Berry, James needs to collect his $50

Michele Neylon: Berry - I thought she was in Australia?

Chris Chaplow: Hi Berry and glen

Berry Cobb: She is.

Chris Chaplow: sorry -- Glen

Berry Cobb: So is the goal to attempt to create a high level process, similar
to Rob Hall's domain lifecycle overview?

Chris Chaplow: Thanks

Simonetta Batteiger: you're trying to give me more work? ;-)

Bladel: Nope!  Referencing work that you & Bob have already done earlier in teh
working group. :)

Simonetta Batteiger: infographic time/

Simonetta Batteiger: ?

avri: sounds like this is chairs/support action item that needs to be dealt -
how do we get this overview written.

Michele Neylon: I pinged Squishy's dad

Michele Neylon: let's see what he says :)

Mikey O'Connor: Squishy's Dad rules on infographics

Michele Neylon: He hasn't done that many tbh

Simonetta Batteiger: that makes little sense, or does it?

Simonetta Batteiger: the only thing that may make sense is to offer the new
registrant the option to opt out for their future transfer on

Simonetta Batteiger: such that this opt out is not "transferring to a new
registrant"

Simonetta Batteiger: goes to show that most people (including the Registry
Stakeholder Group) think of it as a combined process

Roy Dykes -- RySG: No issue, James.  I'll research as best I can.

Berry Cobb: http://forum.icann.org/lists/irtp-c-initial-report/msg00001.html

Michele Neylon: they'd have a list of who voted

Berry Cobb: Chuck submitted.

Michele Neylon: in suppor of the comments

Michele Neylon: ie. it should be pretty clear

Michele Neylon: since they force a vote on each submission

Michele Neylon: unlike us

Michele Neylon: *sigh*

Michele Neylon: I wish we did

Bladel: If we did, we would never comment.

Simonetta Batteiger: The issue may be that there is no clear definition which
fields in the WhoIs constitute the "registrant"

Simonetta Batteiger: or does that definition exist?

Bladel: @Simonetta: Correct.

Simonetta Batteiger: so different organizations seem to have different
philosophies on how to interprete who the registrant is

Simonetta Batteiger: some may not think of an organization as the registrant
and only allow a person as a registrant

Mikey O'Connor: this is also conflating change of Registrar with change of
Registrant.  in this case, again, the Registrant is just the Registrant, not
"prior" and "new"

Berry Cobb: Is the only real authority on this on to whom the Credit Card
belongs to?

Bladel: @Berry, no that could be a 3rd entity altogether! :)

Mikey O'Connor: if we're putting the two processes back together, we might as
well declare "no consensus" right now

Simonetta Batteiger: Mikey, I'm not saying we need to, but it shows that we
need to be very clear about what we're doing

Simonetta Batteiger: or we're confusing people

Simonetta Batteiger: and we may not reach our goal to keep things simple

Mikey O'Connor: agree -- see ALAC comment

Simonetta Batteiger: currently we are confusing people... which shows in the
comments we received

Simonetta Batteiger: I'm not sure it's the terms new and prior, but I think
it's the concept to have this be a two step separate process...

Simonetta Batteiger: => would be nice to get confirmation

Simonetta Batteiger: from the RySG

avri: I don't see the interpretation of the comment that says we should not
separate the processes.

Simonetta Batteiger: agree with Avri

Simonetta Batteiger: but it shows the part that will require some kind of an
FAQ on the new policy document

Berry Cobb: It goes back to having to document current state process, that is
perhaps role based, and ID all the use cases.

Matt Serlin: apologies but i need to drop off to prep for a call at the top of
the hour

Bladel: Acknowledged.  Thanks Matt.

Simonetta Batteiger: I really like that idea!

Simonetta Batteiger: agree with James's idea on the list of use / list of
expiration events

Simonetta Batteiger: I don't think there is a definition of the auth info code
use in policy, or is there? I think that's why people use it differently

Simonetta Batteiger: some treat it as a short term token

Simonetta Batteiger: some treat it as a PW like thing

Simonetta Batteiger: need to drop off... thank you James!