ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C WG/ 25 September 2012

  • To: "gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C WG/ 25 September 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:26:59 -0700

Dear all,

The next IRTP C meeting is scheduled on the Tuesday 02nd October 2012 @ 1400
UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) C
working group call held on Tuesday 25 September 2012 @ 1400 UTC

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-c-20120925-en.mp3

on page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar#sep

The transcript will be posted on the same page.

The contents of the AC chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Attendees:
James Bladel -RrSG co-chair
Hago Dafalla - NCUC
Mike O'Connor - ISPCP
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Bob Mountain - RrSG
Chris Chaplow - CBUC
Phl Corwin - CBUC
Jonathan Tenenbaum - RrSG
Michele Neylon - RrSG

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Glen de Saint Géry
Berry Cobb
Nathalie Peregrine

Apologies
Barbara Knight - RySG
Roy Dykes - RySG
Avri Doria - NCSG co-Chair
Angie Graves - CBUC
Simonetta Batteiger - RrSG
Alain Berranger - NPOC
Paul Diaz - RrSG

IRTP C Members:
Alain Berranger
Simonetta Batteiger
James M. Bladel
Chris Chaplow
Phil Corwin
Paul Diaz
Roy Dykes
Avri Doria
Hago Dafalla
Kevin Erdman
Rob Golding
Volker Greimann
Oliver Hope
Zahid Jamil
Bob Mountain
Michele Neylon
Mike O'Connor
Matt Serlin
Jonathan Tenenbaum
Barbara Knight
Rob Villeneuve
Jacob Williams
Angie Graves

Archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/
Wiki Space: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoirtppdpwg/Home

Kind regards,

Nathalie Peregrine
GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Room Transcript - 25 September 2012

  Marika Konings:Welcome to the IRTP Part C WG Meeting of 25 September 2012

  Bladel:http://thewashingtonpost.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

  Berry
Cobb:http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/donuts-incs-major-play-for-new-web-domain-names-raises-eyebrows/2012/09/24/c8745362-f782-11e1-8398-0327ab83ab91_story.html?hpid=z3

  Michele Neylon:is this call being recorded?

  Bladel:Not yet!

  Michele Neylon::)

  Bladel:We're just discussing the newspaper. :P

  Michele Neylon:damn - had to try :)

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jonathan Tenenbaum has joined the call

  Mike O'Connor:you can thank Marilyn Cade for that rule

  Michele Neylon:Stupid rule

  Bob Mountain:+1

  Michele Neylon:Keeping it up to date => agree

  Michele Neylon:forcing us to go through this stupid rigermole every single
call => dumb

  Michele Neylon:and offensive

  Michele Neylon:so I will declare myself a tree

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Chris Chaplow has joined the audio

  Mike O'Connor:hybrid approach is fine with me

  Mike O'Connor:this isn't my language -- it's Marika who deserves the credit

  Hago Dafalla:hi   all

  Bladel:he swims against the current.  Is it only midwesterners that get this?

  Bladel::)

  Bob Mountain:Oh I get it  :)

  Mike O'Connor:it's a term my Mom used when describing me being a pain in the
neck.

  Bladel:trout are also easily spooked.

  Bladel:But Mikey is very tasty grilled with lemon

  Bob Mountain:I prefer my trout cooked over a wood fired grill

  Mike O'Connor:i'll pre-apply the lemon sauce

  Mike O'Connor:+1 Marika

  Mike O'Connor:"suggested"

  Bob Mountain:No trouts or trees allowed

  Mike O'Connor:yep

  Mike O'Connor:parallel language

  Mike O'Connor:Note:          It is not currently possible to validate that
Registrant information is identical during an Inter Registrar Transfer in thin
registries.  Thus, implementation of these policy changes in thin-registry
gTLDs is contingent on either a) the implementation of uniform WHOIS data
access provisions being discussed in the current round of RAA negotiations, b)
an outcome of a PDP process that mandates thick WHOIS across all registries or
c) some other mechanism which provides secure and reliable sharing of
Registrant data between Registrars in thin-registry TLDs.

  Mike O'Connor:it may be better to put the notes first, then do the steps --
since the notes are more policy oriented

  Mike O'Connor:where did that last one come from?

  Bob Mountain:NP, go for it

  Bob Mountain:What's the deadline for submission for TO?

  Marika Konings:9 October

  Marika Konings:in order for the Council to be able to consider it at its
meeting there