ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] MP3 / IRTP C WG/ 02 October 2012

  • To: "gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] MP3 / IRTP C WG/ 02 October 2012
  • From: Gisella Gruber <Gisella.Gruber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 13:11:47 -0700

Dear all,

The next IRTP C meeting is scheduled on the Tuesday 09 October 2012 @ 1400 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) C
working group call held on Tuesday 02 October 2012 @ 1400 UTC

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-c-20121002-en.mp3

on page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/calendar/#oct

The transcript will be posted on the same page.

The contents of the AC chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Attendees:
James Bladel –RrSG co-chair
Mike O'Connor – ISPCP
Kevin Erdman – IPC
Bob Mountain - RrSG
Chris Chaplow – CBUC
Phil Corwin – CBUC
Michele Neylon – RrSG
Barbara Knight – RySG
Roy Dykes – RySG
Avri Doria – NCSG co-Chair
Angie Graves – CBUC
Simonetta Batteiger – RrSG

Paul Diaz – RrSG
Rob Golding – RrSG
Volker Greimann- RrSG

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Glen de Saint Géry
Julia Charvolen
Berry Cobb
Gisella Gruber

Apologies
Alain Berranger - NPOC

IRTP C Members:
Alain Berranger
Simonetta Batteiger
James M. Bladel
Chris Chaplow
Phil Corwin
Paul Diaz
Roy Dykes
Avri Doria
Hago Dafalla
Kevin Erdman
Rob Golding
Volker Greimann
Oliver Hope
Zahid Jamil
Bob Mountain
Michele Neylon
Mike O'Connor
Matt Serlin
Jonathan Tenenbaum
Barbara Knight
Rob Villeneuve
Jacob Williams
Angie Graves

Archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/
Wiki Space: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoirtppdpwg/Home

Kind regards,

Gisella Gruber
GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Room Transcript – Tuesday 02 October 2012

Marika Konings: Welcome to the IRTP Part C WG meeting of 2 October 2012

Michele Neylon: sea?

Michele Neylon: odd choice of metaphor

Bladel: got tired of "show on the road" and "train on the tracks."

Mikey O'Connor: cruise vacation?

Mikey O'Connor: better yet,  ICANN's next meeting on a cruise ship?

Michele Neylon: can I declare myself as a tree hugger ?

Gisella Gruber-White: Volker - will you be joining us on the audio bridge?

Mikey O'Connor: eeeeeeww...

Michele Neylon: We have jury duty in Ireland too

Michele Neylon: it's not just the US

Paul Diaz (RySG): @James, ha, haaaa (in the best Simpson's voice)

avri: i can cover next week

Mikey O'Connor: hope it doesn't roll into the ICANN meetings...

Michele Neylon: One of my staff got called 3 times

Michele Neylon: same staff member

Michele Neylon: no idea why

Mikey O'Connor: go ahead

Bladel: @mikey: If so, I will ask them to defer service until after Toronto

Bladel: Thanks, Avri

Gisella Gruber-White: Angie Graves & Rob Golding have joined the call

Gisella Gruber-White: Volker has joined the audio bridge

Gisella Gruber-White: Chris Chaplow has joined the call

Chris Chaplow: Just joined call. Apologies for late.

Mikey O'Connor: generally accepted method?

Bladel: industry accepted?

Mikey O'Connor: works for me

Mikey O'Connor: SSAC standard is a cool idea

Bladel: ug.

Mikey O'Connor: too limited?

Rob Golding (Astutium): doesn't SSAC standard require 82 different DNA tests
and a signed confession from both your great grandparents ?

Mikey O'Connor: lol

Volker Greimann: I was thinking the same thing Rob

Mikey O'Connor: i withdraw my SSAC comment.  :-)

Michele Neylon: speaking
ofhttp://www.internetnews.me/2012/10/01/nominet-sucking-up-to-law-enforcement-with-new-proposals/

Marika Konings: Bob's line dropped but he will dial in as soon as he has
coverage again.

Rob Golding (Astutium): I'd preefer "documented method" so at least it's
written down, rather than being a prescribed method

Rob Golding (Astutium): I can verify some of our registrants by sight, and
they're welcome to come in  to the office and make teh updates themsleves

Marika Konings: Bob is back again

Mikey O'Connor: that's why the authentication is there

Simonetta Batteiger: how about suggesting a notification upon change?

Simonetta Batteiger: to the previous registrant email?

Bladel: "regional differences of standards"

Mikey O'Connor: oops -- i don't want to lose the "out of band"

Mikey O'Connor: yes

Mikey O'Connor: that was my intent

Michele Neylon: Rob Golding for president

Michele Neylon: or something

Simonetta Batteiger: I don't know why you would treat them differently, does
somebody remember?

Marika Konings: What we currently have in the report is 'A change of registrant
can only be requested by the registrant or an authorized representative of the
registrant.;

Simonetta Batteiger: but a "registrant" can be a person or an organization,
right?

Simonetta Batteiger: or is there a definition somewhere that a registrant must
be a person

Bladel: I don't think so.....

Mikey O'Connor: i've always thought of registrants as either one

Simonetta Batteiger: should we just put a comment, that we think of
"registrants'" as persons or organizations?

Simonetta Batteiger: just as a clarification?

Mikey O'Connor: i'm a little edgy about defining registrant in this group

Mikey O'Connor: i'm presuming there are underpinnings elsewhere

Simonetta Batteiger: not as a definition, but as a clarification?

Mikey O'Connor: right

Mikey O'Connor: yup

Mikey O'Connor: definition is out of scope

Mikey O'Connor: good add

Mikey O'Connor: yup -- link back to RAA is great

Philip Corwin: corporations are people too...and registrants ;-)

Mikey O'Connor: this is another "minor change" facet

Mikey O'Connor: i think we moved that into the next PDP

Mikey O'Connor: maybe do a "speak now or hold your peace" request on the list?

Mikey O'Connor: like that!

Mikey O'Connor: yes

Mikey O'Connor: just a declaration

Mikey O'Connor: stateement to follow