ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

Re: [gnso-irtpc] Invitation to Participate in Survey on Working Group Guidelines

  • To: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtpc] Invitation to Participate in Survey on Working Group Guidelines
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 07:40:35 -0600

hi Ron,

i started filling out the survey and gently set my pen down.  the short answer
to all those questions is "yep, the Guidelines are fine, we reviewed them, our
co-chairs followed them and all is good."

but that survey, in the midst of all the recent events, highlighted a puzzler
for me.  the working-group process seems to be withering away -- Vertical
Integration and more recently the TMCH Straw Man, Registry Agreement and
Registrar Accreditation Agreement cram-downs and the Policy vs Implementation
debate all can be held up as examples of how the working-group process seems to
be drifting out of the mainstream of the ICANN process.  so this survey felt a
little bit like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

i think if the SCI wanted to dive into a broader issue, something like "the
relevance and effectiveness of the PDP and Working Group processes in today's
ICANN", they could perhaps do a great good.

thanks,

mikey

On Mar 9, 2013, at 7:20 AM, "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear IRTP-C Working Group members,
>
> As some of you may know, the GNSO Standing Committee on Implementation
> Improvements (SCI) has developed a survey for GNSO Working Groups, as
> requested by the GNSO Council, to solicit feedback on the GNSO Working Group
> Guidelines.  As Chair of the SCI, I am contacting your Working Group to
> invite you to take the survey because you have recently completed your work
> and, thus, may have valuable insight on the usefulness of the Working Group
> Guidelines and suggestions for improvements.  If you would like to take the
> survey you may wish to review the Working Group Guidelines and Summary first.
>  Please see the following links to the documents and the survey:
>
> Link to the Working Group Guidelines:
> http://gnso.icann.org/council/annex-1-gnso-wg-guidelines-08apr11-en.pdf
> Link to the Guidelines Summary:
> http://gnso.icann.org/council/summary-gnso-wg-guidelines-06apr11-en.pdf
> Link to Draft Survey for GNSO Working Groups:
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FFTCJPT
>
> The SCI appreciates your consideration of this request and we ask that if you
> wish to complete the survey please do so by **Monday, 25 March 2013.**
>
> Thank you for your consideration.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Ron Andruff
> Chair, GNSO Standing Committee on Implementation Improvements
>

> Ronald N. Andruff
> RNA Partners, Inc.

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP
(ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)