ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

[gnso-irtpd] TDRP stats

  • To: "gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpd] TDRP stats
  • From: Lars Hoffmann <Lars.hoffmann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 00:59:14 -0700

Dear all,

In light of the Group's discussion on TDRP we have  been in touch with
transfer dispute providers to provide us with data from the cases they
receive. We will share this with the group as soon as we have received and
collated the relevant information.

In addition, we gathered some Registry-related TDRP data that might be
useful to the discussion, too. I have attached a spreadsheet containing one
sheet on the TDRP per TLD and a second sheet with an overview of the total
number of TDRPs per month ­ both data sets are for the period of October
2009 to March 2013.

You might notice that the numbers for 'lost' and 'won' TDRP are exactly the
same each month. As this is too much of a coincidence, we assume that these
represent the same case (as one party lost it and another won it) -  but
maybe a working group member of the RySG might be able to clarify further.
Assuming that our assumption is correct the breakdown per TLD shows that:

of 227 total cases between October 2009 and March 2013

224 concerned .com (94.3%)
11 concerned .net (4.8%)
2 concerned .pro (0.9%)

For those of you interested, the data for these tables were sourced from the
monthly Registry Reports filed with ICANN, see
http://www.icann.org/en/resources/registries/reports

With best wishes from rainy Brussels,
Lars