ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

[gnso-irtpd] UPDATED MP3 IRTP D WG - Monday 02 December 2013 at 1600 UTC

  • To: "gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpd] UPDATED MP3 IRTP D WG - Monday 02 December 2013 at 1600 UTC
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 09:22:13 -0800

Dear All,

The next Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D Working Group meeting
will be held on Monday  9th December 2013

Please find the MP3 recording for the IRTP Part D Working Group call held on
Monday 02 December 2013 at 16:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20131202-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>dec

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
James Bladel - RrSG
Avri Doria - NCSG
Volker Greimann - RrSG
Mikey O'Connor - ISPCP
Graeme Bunton - RrSG
Kristine Dorrain - NAF
Bob Mountain - RrSG
Barbara Knight - RySG
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Holly Raiche - ALAC
Chris Chaplow - CBUC
Bartlett Morgan - NCUC

Apologies:
Paul Diaz - RySG

ICANN staff:
Lars Hoffmann
Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 02 December 2013:

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the IRTP Part D WG call on the 2nd
December 2013

  Bart Morgan:Hello all

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello!

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Avri Odria has joined the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Doria, apologies

  Mike O'Connor:the Adobe agenda is a little stale  :-)

  Lars Hoffmann:sorry mikey - just updated...

  Kristine Dorrain:For drafting, it would be helpful to know if we're leaning
towards keeping or eliminating  the Registries role.

  Kristine Dorrain:I will abstain from voting as I have an interest...

  Barbara Knight-RySG:@Kevin, I don't agree that the Registries are a party to
the dispute.  Under the TDRP, the registry operator is merely acting as a
dispute resolution provider

  Kristine Dorrain:+1

  Barbara Knight-RySG:As Kristine indicated, if a dispute is appealed to the
second level provider, Registries are required to provide the information
provided in the dispute at the first level.

  Barbara Knight-RySG:The first level is not free at the REgistry Level.
However, it is a lesser cost that typically at the second level.

  Barbara Knight-RySG:Fees are assessed to the non-prevaling party at the first
level.

  Bladel:This is ICANN.  Nothing is free. :)

  Barbara Knight-RySG::-)

  Mike O'Connor:still muted Bob...

  Bob Mountain:Sorry Adobe challenges....

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Bob, you might need to activate your AC room mike by
clicking on the telephone icon at the top of the AC room toolbar

  Bladel:np.  We'll go to you once you're live.

  Bob Mountain:Yeah did that was just getting a lag when trying to unmute, I
think I'm live now.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:I can see you as 'mute-able' sp you ought to be good to
go :)

  Bob Mountain:Can you hear me?

  Nathalie  Peregrine:no

  Bob Mountain:Rats, I give up

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Bob we can dial out to you if needed

  Mike O'Connor:Bob, you need to quit sticking bubble gum in that mic portal

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Bob, otherwise 1-517-345-9004           866-692-5726  and
audio passcode IRTP

  Bob Mountain:I was just going to say directionally I think we need to
simpify, from the BA meeting I think we are getting bogged and think if we can
in general I support removing complexity.

  Bob Mountain:Stating obvious but removing registry layer I think moves us in
the right direction.

  Graeme Bunton:his mic shows as muted

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Bob hasn;t joined the audio bridge yet

  Bob Mountain:Nathalie I show my client as connected but it's acting weirdly.

  Holly Raiche:Agree with Mikey

  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Bob, if needed we can schedule a quick test call to
make sure your mike is set up before the next IRTP D call

  Bob Mountain:Hi Nathalie ok that sounds good, first time that it didn't work
so perhaps I just need to reboot machine.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Bob, I'll email you post call to set it up

  Volker Greimann:hmm, did I miss anythin?

  Bob Mountain:Thanks James and Mikey!

  Volker Greimann:My line dropped twice right now

  Volker Greimann:ah, just wrapped up

  Volker Greimann:see you all

  Bladel:Thanks everyone....welcome to December. :P