ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

[gnso-irtpd] MP3 IRTP D WG - Monday 09 December 2013 at 1600 UTC

  • To: "gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpd] MP3 IRTP D WG - Monday 09 December 2013 at 1600 UTC
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 10:11:53 -0800

Dear All,

The next Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D Working Group meeting
will be held on Monday 16th December 2013

Please find the MP3 recording for the IRTP Part D Working Group call held on
Monday 09 December 2013 at 16:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20131209-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>dec

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
James Bladel - RrSG
Avri Doria - NCSG
Volker Greimann - RrSG
Mikey O'Connor - ISPCP
Graeme Bunton - RrSG
Barbara Knight - RySG
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Holly Raiche - ALAC
Chris Chaplow - CBUC
Bob Mountain - RrSG
Rob Golding - RrSG
Kristine Dorrain - NAF

Bartlett Morgan - NCUC

Apologies:
Paul Diaz - RySG
Angie Graves - CBUC

ICANN staff:
Caitlin Tubergen
Lars Hoffmann
Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 09 December 2013:

 Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, Welcome to the IRTP Part D WG call on Monday 9th
December 2013

  Avri Doria:Hard to read on tablet

  Avri Doria:Thanks good now

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Kevin Erdman has joined the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Chris Chaplow has joined the audio bridge

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Rob Golding has joinded the AC room

  Chris Chaplow:Thanks Natalie, apologies for late join, client was on the phone

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):@james - totally agree - we get those all the
time - and advise they talk to a solicitor

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):As registrar we only deal with the people listed
as registrant

  Bladel:But Rob - both Registrant and Admin Contacts have the authority to
transfer.

  Kristine Dorrain:Sorry I'm late...got sidetracked in another meeting.

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):I was referring to the 'ownership' argument we
often see

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):Can you even transfe a domain with provacy on -
we always advise clients turn it off at the existing registrar before
transferring them to us

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):yes, you captured it great :)

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Kristine Dorrain has joined the AC room

  Barbara Knight - RySG:The one that we hear the most is when the admin contact
authorizes that transfer and the registrant doesn't agree with it

  Bladel:Rob - our privacy service will always NACK transfer requests, utnil it
is canceled or removed.

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):James - so will ours

  Barbara Knight - RySG:Thanks James and Rob.  That is encouraging

  Chris Chaplow:Thanks Volker

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):No, the registrant is the registrant :p

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):The registrar still has teh real data and escrows
the real data

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):just what is shown on teh whois is not 'public'

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):if a 3rd party os providding that sevice, then
yes, they are actually the registrant (i.e. their details are the ones held by
the registrar)

  Bladel:My shuttle is here, so need to run.  Thanks Mikey & Team!

  Barbara Knight - RySG:By James.  Safe travels

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):take care james

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):Yes, in that circumstance it _should_ have been
dealt with at due-diligence at the company sale, and if they failed to do so
need to be sent to legals

  Kristine Dorrain:Rob, I'm always amazed at the lack of due diligence...

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):@kristine - I'm not :)

  Kristine Dorrain:oooooh, that's unfortunate.  "(

  Chris Chaplow:yes good plan

  Holly Raiche:Thanks MIkey

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):thanks mikey