ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

Re: [gnso-irtpd] here's the little summary of that sequence of events i rattled off on the call just now -- registrant role in TDRP

  • To: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtpd] here's the little summary of that sequence of events i rattled off on the call just now -- registrant role in TDRP
  • From: Holly Raiche <h.raiche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 08:08:58 +1100

I agree with both Mikey and Kristine

It seems to me that the next step is to specifically ask compliance for their
advice on
- any process that the registrant can use
- in what circumstances
- at what cost (if any)
- whether they have sufficient powers to enforce the remedy
- what kind of documentation they would need to ensure themselves that it is a
bona fides complaint (taking up Mikey's point)

Once we have all of that information, we can settle whether or not we can
remove registrant's from this process - but not until then.

I have talked with the Ombudsman, who told me that he can't handle 80% of the
complaints he receives as out of jurisdiction.  I suspect, but don't know ,
that some of them may relate to this issue - and they are not being resolved.

So please, could we fully inform ourselves of what should be in place for a
registrant to take a legitimate complaint to Compliance, what remedies are
available, at what cost, and what documentation is needed by compliance.

Then we can progress this issue

Holly