ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

Re: [gnso-irtpd] a good example of the "employee takes the domain name with them" use-case -- and how UDRP was the wrong tool to use

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtpd] a good example of the "employee takes the domain name with them" use-case -- and how UDRP was the wrong tool to use
  • From: Holly Raiche <h.raiche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:52:17 +1100

Hi Mikey

Fascinating reading.  And it fleshes out one of our scenarios - and
inter-company dispute that has little to do with trade mark law and everything
to do about a disaffected employee who absconds - in this case with the domain
name.

The next question relates to a response James gave, really in passing, where it
is the company that should be seen as the owner (maybe this is something that
needs further work?).

Holly