ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

[gnso-irtpd] MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 13 January 2014

  • To: "gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpd] MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 13 January 2014
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:26:50 -0800

Dear All,

The next Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D Working Group meeting
will be held on Monday 20 January 2014.

Please find the MP3 recording for the IRTP Part D Working Group call held on
Monday 13 January 2014 at 16:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20140113-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>jan

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Graeme Bunton - RrSG
Avri Doria – NCSG
Mikey O'Connor – ISPCP
Barbara Knight – RySG
Holly Raiche – ALAC
Chris Chaplow – CBUC
Rob Golding – RrSG
Paul Diaz – RySG
Bartlett Morgan – NCUC
Kristina Dorrain – NAF
Volker Greimann – RrSG

Apologies:
James Bladel - RrSG

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Lars Hoffmann
Caitlin Tubergen
Berry Cobb
Julia Charvolen

Mailing list archives:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Julia Charvolen

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 13 January 2014:
Lars Hoffmann:Welcome to the IRTP Part D PDP Working Group on Monday 13 January
2014
  Volker Greimann:no audio bridge this time?
  Julia Charvolen:I am setting audio bridge, it should be on in a few minutes
  Julia Charvolen:Audio is on in the Adobe Connect
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):waves :)
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):& happy-new-year
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):it was 30+ at night when I was in Miami a few
years ago - as a Brit i gelt i was melting into the pavement walking back to
the hotel
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):we are used to weather - the cold, wet, windy
miserable type - i.e. 'proper' weather :)
  Volker Greimann:we have not dropped below 0 C the last ew days either. pretty
warm here
  Graeme Bunton:i'm here, but i've been on vacation for three weeks so I can
barely remember what i do
  Graeme Bunton:thank you mikey
  Avri Doria:for some people, like the local garbage people, thoday is a
holiday.
  Julia Charvolen:Chris Chaplow joined the Adobe Connect
  Barbara Knight-RySG:Hello all.  I just joined.  Sorry to be late.
  Julia Charvolen:Barbara Knight joined the Adobe Connect
  Avri Doria:my only issue is wording such as 'final disdiscussion'
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):did we 'finalise' the question b issue over
multiple transfers ?
  Lars Hoffmann:@rob: no not yet. it was one of the issue that was still part
of the workplan.
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):ok
  Marika Konings:It might be helpful for this WG to work out those use cases so
it will be easier to identify whether or not these are covered under the
implementation of IRTP Part C
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):agreed about the no to registrant starting it
  Lars Hoffmann:Current Statut of Limitation:
  Lars Hoffmann:2.3 Statute of LimitationsA dispute must be filed no later than
six (6) months after the alleged violation of the Transfer Policy. In the case
where a Registrar of Record alleges that a transfer was in violation of this
Policy, the date the transfer was completed shall be deemed the date in which
the "alleged violation" took place. In the case where a Gaining Registrar
alleges that a transfer should have taken place, the date in which the NACK (as
defined below) was received by the Registry, shall be deemed the date in which
the "alleged violation" took place.
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):yes, I tend to reg and renew in 5 year periods,
but log in to my registrar accounts relatively regularlyso would see the domain
as missing
  Volker Greimann:sorry, whare are we right now?
  Volker Greimann:ok, thx
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):TDRP is for registrars to resolve disputes, not
registrants
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):i.e. we 'nak'd' this transfer request but you
processed it anyway type complaints
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):yes, it does work for that  (its the only time in
umpteen years we've ever had to think about it
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):everything else has cenetered around registranst
and admin contacts disagreeing over transfers or designers holding domains to
ransom or similar
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):shoudl possibly be *original*  registrar of
record and *initial* gaining registrar
  Kristine Dorrain:Not ususally.
  Avri Doria:that is proabably a national variant.
  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):Not in the UK - caveat emptor - if the car is
stolen no matter how many times it's changed hands, it goes back to the
original owner and the peopel in the middle have to go to the courts
  Kristine Dorrain:Same in the US.  Caveat emptor here too
  Holly Raiche:Yes, I was talking about the good faith principle - purchased in
good faith.
  Holly Raiche:It may be that the courts would recognise ICANN rules on the
isue but something to consider
  Kristine Dorrain:a multi country survey of a single legal issue is a pretty
big task...
  Marika Konings:and not cheap ;-)
  Chris Chaplow:Thanks Lars
  Lars Hoffmann:I have to leave the call. Marika will remain on the call
however. Very best, Lars
  Avri Doria:in the US such laws will vary by locality and state.
Confiscaation is big in these parts.
  Avri Doria:and argumentes such as, but you should have checked.
  Avri Doria:if it was possible to check ND YOU DID NOT CHECK, THEN TOUGH.
  Volker Greimann:how far down the line do you have to check?
  Avri Doria:sorry about the caps.  cap lock is a mistypeed a.
  Avri Doria:Volker, depends on the quality of the lawters arguing the case
after the fact.
  Holly Raiche:That is question D
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you
  Graeme Bunton:thx mikey