ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

[gnso-irtpd] MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 03 February 2014

  • To: "gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpd] MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 03 February 2014
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 09:49:37 -0800

Dear All,

The next Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D Working Group meeting
will be held on Monday 10 February 2014.

Please find the MP3 recording for the IRTP Part D Working Group call held on
Monday 03 February 2014 at 16:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20140203-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>feb

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Graeme Bunton - RrSG
Avri Doria - NCSG
Mikey O'Connor - ISPCP
Barbara Knight - RySG
Rob Golding - RrSG
Kristina Dorrain - NAF
Volker Greimann - RrSG
James Bladel - RrSG
Angie Graves - BC
Chris Chaplow - CBUC
Bartlett Morgan - NCUC
 Kevin Erdman - IPC

Apologies:
Paul Diaz - RySG

ICANN staff:
Lars Hoffmann
Berry Cobb
Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 03 February 2014:

  Lars Hoffmann:Welcome to the IRTP Part D PDP Working Group meeting, Monday 03
February 2014

  Volker Greimann:Hi Lars, I think you just missed the operator

  Lars Hoffmann:how so?

  Volker Greimann:he was asking for the passcode, but no one responded

  Volker Greimann:so he hung up the line again

  Nathalie  Peregrine:The AC room sometimes dials to the provder automatically
without us having prompted it to,, hence why no one replied. I have now
activated the audio, so we are all set

  Volker Greimann:ah, that confused me

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Rob Golding has also joined

  Mike O'Connor:that's what you get when both teams come from states where
marijuana is legal

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Kristine Dorrain has joined the call

  Kristine Dorrain:Apologies for being tardy

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Berry Cobb has joined the AC room

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Chris Chaplow and Bartlett Morgan have joined the call

  Bartlett Morgan:Hi all. apologies for being late; Another meeting ran over

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):justification - registrars are oblliged to
contact the registrant at least once per year for WDRP, so an annual contact is
not unexcpected

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):wheras people largely register for 2+ years so
they dont expect  bills annually :)

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):i'm waiting to get through on the phone

  Graeme Bunton:checking our avg renewal period now..

  Volker Greimann:Hi Rob, that is interesting, but only applies to the UK, I
think as .co.uk worked similarly. We usually see annual registration, with just
a small percentage being multi-year.

  Graeme Bunton:Our avg is ~1.1 years per renewal transactions

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):@volker - then they'd be expecting a bill as
well, so 2 thing sto 'trigger' them to rethink about their domains :)

  Graeme Bunton:higher for cc's

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Kevin Erdman has joined the AC room]

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):our average is 2.7yrs for gtlds and 2.03 for
cctlds (skewed as .co.uk used to only be 2 years which as  UK based means most
of ours are 2 yrs)

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):most of our 1 yr gtlds reg's are those that came
free with another srevice, as registrants seem to think in 2 year chunks :)

  Graeme Bunton:that is interestingly different

  Bladel:I'm back...sorry

  Volker Greimann:indeed

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):10.8% of our paid gtld registrations are 1 year,
so 89% are 2+ (with 2 and 5 being the most common)

  Graeme Bunton:wow.

  Volker Greimann:we need to get into this market ;-)

  Graeme Bunton:are you looking at reg, or renewals or both?

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):i limited the query to registrations

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):it's hell on the cashflow though with it being 2
years between invoices

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):it needs to be on the internic site too

  Volker Greimann:Isn't ICANN fading that one out?

  Volker Greimann:2099: ICANN must put it on their Facebook page

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):i dont think they're phasing internic out as thet
just announced chnages to it reagrding new whoi and common layout stuff

  Berry Cobb:The IETF runs Internic

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):it's where icann tell people to go to lookup
details about their domain

  Bladel:iana.org

  Berry Cobb:All Compliance needs are run off icann.org

  Berry Cobb:We can ask Internic to post a message if need be.

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):operated or promoted by icann maybe ?

  Chris Chaplow:daylight

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):did we get a decision on how 'public' tdrp
results/reporting should be ?

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):I recall .ASIA providing some data about theirs

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):having access to all those registry reports on
the icann site would be good for the transparancy

  Mike O'Connor:we're saying "public" in the draft.  there's a way for them to
redact, otherwise public

  Mike O'Connor:agree Rob, links to these would be a good thing in the
recommendation

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):thanks jame & mikey

  Bartlett Morgan:thanks bye