ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

Re: [gnso-irtpd] Example email string

  • To: gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtpd] Example email string
  • From: rob.golding@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 21:49:21 +0000

See the chain of emails from someone desperate for their registrar to
file a TDRP-the registrar is refusing.

Whilst I sympathise with the Registrant who has 'lost' control of the domains, the transfers were 'valid' in that they went through the normal transfer processes, were authorised by the contacts on the domain, and they were started by correctly logging into the losing registrar.

If the details are exactly as described in the PDF I'd suggest they
* first file a report with the police
* go see their legal representative
* contact the registries concerned
* formally write to ICANN (as nothing in there indicated they had actually raised this with icann)

Rob