ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

[gnso-irtpd] Attendance MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 28 April 2014

  • To: "gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpd] Attendance MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 28 April 2014
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 09:09:51 -0700

Dear All,

The next Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D Working Group meeting
will be held on Monday 05 May 2014.

 Please find the MP3 recording for the IRTP Part D Working Group call held on
Monday 28 April 2014 at 15:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20140428-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar%23mar>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#apr

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Graeme Bunton - RrSG

Barbara Knight – RySG

James Bladel - RrSG

Angie Graves – BC

Kristine Dorrain – NAF

Volker Greimann – RrSG

Holly Raiche – ALAC

Rob Golding – RrSG

Kevin Erdman - IPC

Apologies:

Paul Diaz – RySG

Chris Chaplow – CBUC

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Amy Bivins

Lars Hoffmann

Berry Cobb

Steve Chan

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:

 <http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/>
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg> https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 28 April 2014:

  Lars Hoffmann:Welcome to the IRTP Part D Working Group 28 April 2014

  Kristine Dorrain:I'm not hearing anyone...is anyone talking?

  Marika Konings:@Kristine - yes, people are talking

  Marika Konings:I hear them via the Adobe Connect room

  Terri Agnew:Graeme Bunton has joined

  Kristine Dorrain:Yay..  I hear you!

  Terri Agnew:always better when you can hear

  Kristine Dorrain::)

  Lars Hoffmann:We received four comments

  Lars Hoffmann:http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-irtp-d-initial-03mar14/

  Bladel:Sorry, for some reason just started coughing....

  Terri Agnew:Rob Golding has joined

  Holly Raiche:So perrhaps give that as an example?

  Kristine Dorrain:I'm trying to imagiine the TDRP having identity theft?

  Bladel:Right.

  Barbara Knight:You basically have it correct James.

  Barbara Knight::-)

  Lars Hoffmann:i have just updated the document with relevant staff comments
on recoomendations 3, 4 and 5

  Barbara Knight:It does for me Kristine as that is exactly how we review the
disputes as well.

  Berry Cobb:It may benefit the report if we can provide a real world example
of multiple xfers.  And perhaps we should further refine the role definitions
Gaining Rr#1, Gaining Rr #2 or something to that effect.

  Kristine Dorrain:James you're breaking up...is it just me?

  Kristine Dorrain:you're ok now

  Berry Cobb:all clear to me

  Graeme Bunton:sounds fine to me

  Terri Agnew:I hear you fine

  Holly Raiche:Iit is fine

  Kristine Dorrain:thanks!

  Holly Raiche:We meant the term - will need discussion if we change the
terminology

  Kristine Dorrain:Perhaps the problem is that the language "null and void"
doesn't tell the Registry what to do.

  Kristine Dorrain:Could Registries interpret "null and void" differently

  Holly Raiche:Do you mean interpret it diferently or the implications are
different

  Holly Raiche:Okaay - makes sense

  Holly Raiche:Doesn't this answer the question above?

  Bladel:Holly:  I think so.

  Berry Cobb:"Registrar filing the Compl.aint"

  Holly Raiche:Okay

  Kristine Dorrain:I always support adding definitions to a Policy.

  Barbara Knight:There could also be complaints that are filed if a registrar
is unable to transfer a domain to them because they feel it is being blocked by
the registrar of record.

  Kristine Dorrain:correct...and those get confusing to us.  :)

  Kristine Dorrain:I sometimes make a chart for the panel.

  Terri Agnew:Kevin Erdman has joined audio

  Barbara Knight:pictures are always good Kristine.

  Kristine Dorrain::)

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):WDRP is _at least_ once per year

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):irrespective of length of registration

  Kristine Dorrain:Agree Barbara, especially considering how many hops can
happen in there.

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):so people are expecting to be contacted at least
annually

  Berry Cobb:Do we have a count of how many TDRPs have tried to be filed post
the 6 month expiration?

  Kristine Dorrain:I was wondering the same thing...we've had none

  Barbara Knight:We have had only 1

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):yep :)

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):and the last monday in may too

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):They're all just working days to me :)