ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

[gnso-irtpd] Attendance MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 12 May 2014

  • To: "gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpd] Attendance MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 12 May 2014
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 14:51:08 -0700

Dear All,

The next Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D Working Group meeting
will be held on Monday 19 May 2014.

 Please find the MP3 recording for the IRTP Part D Working Group call held on
Monday 12 May 2014 at 15:00 UTC at:

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20140512-en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20140512-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Barbara Knight – RySG

James Bladel - RrSG

Angie Graves – BC

Avri Doria – NCSG

Bob Mountain – RrSG

Volker Greimann – RrSG

Rob Golding – RrSG

Apologies:

Paul Diaz – RySG

Holly Raiche – ALAC

Graeme Bunton - RrSG

Kevin Erdman - IPC

ICANN staff:

Amy Bivins

Marika Konings

Lars Hoffmann

Berry Cobb

Steve Chan

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:

 <http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/>
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg> https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 12 May 2014:

Lars Hoffmann:Welcome to the IRTP Part D Working Group on Monday 12 May 2014

  Volker:Hi Lars and Terri

  Terri Agnew:Hi Volker

  Avri Doria:alwasy

  Lars Hoffmann:yes i have.

  Avri Doria:when i used a mac, it worked well.

  Lars Hoffmann:chrome.

  Avri Doria:i have used both chrome and firefox.  firefox works better

  Avri Doria:i have trouble sometime in windows 8 getting the microphone
correct.

  Avri Doria:one thing i have noticed is that having the audi parameters set
before starting the session is best on either w8 or osx

  Lars Hoffmann:NP

  Terri Agnew:Bob, I have added you to attendance

  Terri Agnew:Angie Graves has joined audio

  Terri Agnew:and now Adobe

  Barbara Knight:I am definitely curious as to the source of the data on
transfers and failures

  Bob Mountain:Agree James, FoA issues are a very small percentage of failures
that Afternic is involved with.

  Bob Mountain:Having some adobe connect issues

  Berry Cobb:As a near term future action based on this recommendation of
keping the FOA, it was discussed in the IRTP-C IRT that the language around the
IRTP needs to be updated to reflect the current state use of EPP and how FOAs
would be used in today's environment of two-factor transfer.

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):Surely you can 'log' getting the auth code just
as easily as doinga 'log' on an FOA ?

  Terri Agnew:Rob Golding, I have added you to attendance

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):If the registrant places and order, pays for the
transfer, provides the auth-code - what further benefit is another step ?

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):(when that step existed because there was no
auth-code step)

  Volker:Unlock is not required

  Volker:if not locked

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):i have some 'actual' stats if wanted ?

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):In a mo, just dialing in

  Volker:are you sure that those customers actually are the owners of the email
addresses listed in the whois?

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):we validate the whois vs customer details first

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):as we need them to take off privacy servcies etc
before attempting the transfer

  Bob Mountain:kudos to Arthur for his input

Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):how can it be an 'unauthorised transfer' if they
dont provide the authcode - as it cant transfer without it ?

  Volker:Evidence

  Barbara Knight:Volker +1

  Avri Doria:Evidience of it having been properly.

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):I'm not techy - but dont the registrars actually
retrive the code from the registry - so they woudl have that action logged
anyway

  Volker:AFAIK, Registrars generate the Auth-info themselves

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):but it has to be 'at the registry' or how does
the gaining registrar validate it with the registry ?

  Barbara Knight:I agree that the AuthInfo is passed to the Registry by the
Registrar.

  Barbara Knight:Once an Auth Info code is in the registry database, when a
transfer command is passed to the registry by the registrar, the registrar also
passes the auth info code and if it matches what is in the registry system, the
transfer is processed

  Barbara Knight:If it doesn't match or if the registrar doesn't pass it, the
registry system will return an error

  Volker:Personally, I'd love to see the FoAs go. Many potential resellers
wanted to switch to us and the FOAs prevented an easy migration

  Volker:still, if we get rid of them, we will need something more than we have
now to replace them

  Bob Mountain:Yes I can only imagine the challenge to having all registrars
replace FoA.

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):I;m with volker - gaining reg FOAS shoudl go :)

  Avri Doria:thanks

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):stats sent to the list. Thanks James